IPAS is a nonprofit organization working to achieve a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health. Through local, national and global partnerships, Ipas works to ensure that women and girls have improved sexual and reproductive health and rights, through enhanced access and use of contraceptive care.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Community Access - State Focal Person
Locations: Gombe, Jigawa
Job Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension
- The Community Access State Focal Person will support the Access Advisor in liaising with the local communities of Ipas intervention in Nigeria to ensure implementation of innovative community approaches to increase awareness of and access to women’s reproductive health care. Under the supervision of the Access Advisor,
- S/he collaborates with partner organizations to help build capacity, support effective execution of programs, and advance Ipas’s vision to improve community efforts related to sexual and reproductive health rights.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Facilitates the smooth liaison between organizations, institutions and interested groups to promote knowledge, skills and social support systems enabling women to maximize their sexual and reproductive rights.
- Facilitates local partnerships and other Ipas-supported initiatives on comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health Care in the community.
- Supports partner organizations in the development of effective strategies and helps monitor work plans and budgets, ensuring implementation approaches are within Ipas’s strategy and donor requirements.
- Facilitates the accurate documentation and collection of data from the field office to support documentation and organizational learning.
- Raise awareness and deliver value through training activities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities of women and community members to access SRHR in line with Ipas technical program protocols.
- Apply lessons learned to recommend strategies that will maximize the impact of Ipas’s community access initiatives.
- Periodically capture, document and share innovation, best practices and lessons learned from the implementation of programs with key internal and external stakeholders to improve community access outcomes and results.
- Contributes to the development of training and orientation materials to ensure content is applicable to the different community groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Arts, Communication, or related field
- 1-3 years community engagement/work experience
- Working knowledge of basic project planning and implementation principles
- Skilled in strategic planning, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Working knowledge of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Working knowledge of SRHR context in Northern Nigeria
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read and speak the Hausa language fluently.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- N100,000 - N150,000 monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates based in Gombe and Jigawa States should forward an application letter and CV as a "single attachment" to: [email protected] using "Community Access - State Focal Person" as the subject of the mail.
Note: The candidate will be chosen through a competitive application process
Application Deadline 28th May, 2021.