The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S. Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration application in-process in Haiti. These operations support the research and clinical programs of the SOM, Institute of Human Virology.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications and Public Relations Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Communications and Public Relations Specialist is responsible for the communication and media activities of the MGIC Nigeria office.
- This position will work with all Departments to ensure that messaging related to project-specific work and overall MGIC Nigeria priorities are effectively communicated to donors and the general public.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researching, writing, and editing announcements and news articles to report on UMB/CIHEB – MGIC Nigeria’s ongoing and upcoming work and achievements.
- Conceiving, developing, and distributing online, print, and digital communications materials, including project briefs, fact sheets, publications, slide decks, infographics, and presentations.
- Creating and posting content to the website.
- Creating, managing, and distributing online communications through email and internal and external communications platforms.
- Developing social media posts and managing social media properties.
- Assisting with planning and execution of events.
- Documenting MGIC Nigeria initiatives through photos and videos.
- Supporting Departments and Baltimore Headquarters office with communications needs and requests.
- Cataloging and managing creative assets, including photo libraries, publications, signage, event collateral, and other materials.
- Copy editing and proofreading materials for internal and external distribution.
- Performing reporting and communications-related administrative tasks as needed.
- Work closely with the Ciheb Director of Communications and Public Relations in Baltimore in creating and developing web content.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements, Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in strategic communications, marketing, public policy, or a public health-related field plus a minimum of three (3) years related experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in Communications, preferably in international development or public health organization.
- Demonstrated experience in project management for communications.
- Excellent writing, editorial, and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize complex technical/scientific language for the web and other audiences/platforms.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to do the basic graphic layout.
- Expert-level command of MS Office, Adobe, Visio.
- Ability to work with short turnaround time.
- Strong interpersonal and coordinative skills.
Professional-level fluency in English (speaking, reading, and writing).
Application Closing Date
9th February, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: