The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Commercial Director
Location : Cairo, Egypt
- Ready to lead a new era in African football?
- Believe you have the background and professional experience to contribute to the renewal of African football as a commercial powerhouse and bring CAF to the very top of the sports media and sponsorship landscape?
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to CAF’s goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Oversight of major commercial negotiations and supporting the CAF team to close complex rights deals.
- Delivery of CAF’s sponsorship and media obligations, with a focus on event operations.
- Build and develop a high-performance culture in the CAF commercial department and collaborate effectively with other internal teams to deliver objectives and plans
- Oversee the appointment and engagement of major sales and service partner agencies as required.
- Advise the CAF President and CAF General Secretary on commercial issues, including Media Rights, Digital and Sponsorship strategies, as well as trends and issues in the football business landscape.
- Manage relationships with CAF’s major commercial stakeholders: broadcasters, sponsors, and service providers.
- Ensure CAF meets the highest standards of event promotion, fan engagement and brand values.
- Structure CAF’s commercial rights portfolio to achieve outcomes set by the CAF Executive Committee.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities.
- Run transparent and competitive processes for the sale of CAF’s commercial rights and awarding of service contracts.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for the CAF Executive Committee.
- Assist the Finance Director in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Establish and efficiently run a commercial department with concise workflows and approval processes.
- University Master’s Degree in Marketing, Business Management, Law, or related fields.
- Fluent in English and/or French language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a plus.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel), knowledge of ERP is a must.
- Team player, capable of adapting to different environments, flexible, patient, and resilient.
- Strong level of proactivity with high sense of accountability, responsibility, and integrity.
- Organizational skills and ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Minimum experience of 10 years in different commercial functions at various levels, of which minimum of 5 years in a management position within a similar organization.
- Proven track record and at least ten years’ experience leading multi-market commercial portfolios and commercial negotiations. Senior experience in sports or major event revenue development, rights management, or marketing programs.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative organization.
- High-value terms of employment.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Full Medical / Life Insurance coverage.
- Excellent Pension Plan solution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) in English to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 5th May, 2022.
- The position will be based at CAF’s headquarters in Cairo, Egypt.
- Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin color, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- If you have the necessary qualifications and are keen to work for a top international sporting organization, submit your application in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters).
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration.