- Company: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Yobe Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Nigeria
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Requisition ID: req19406
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Job Overview / Summary
- This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising activities at the sites, training community structures, supporting caseworkers and CP assistants and monitoring program implementation.
- They will also work closely with the CPIMS assistants/Officer and CP manager to ensure quality data collection and management, report writing and budget implementation.
- Provide individual/technical support and supervision to caseworkers and CP assistants.
- Monitor all CP program implementation at the field level.
- Ensure regular communication with the CM manager for updates on achievements and challenges.
- Coordinate with other IRC sectors staff (e.g. WPE, Protection, Health and Livelihoods) at the field level to ensure an integrated approach to service delivery
- Work closely with the CBCPCs and supervise their weekly/monthly meetings and activities.
- Lead all quarterly safety audits/mappings.
- Conduct case audits every 3rd week of the month and reports to the CP Manager
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports.
- Work with the CPIMS team to produce verified data for reporting.
- Effectively communicate with other CP team members, government social workers and service providers to ensure beneficiaries are linked to required services.
- Regularly organize internal team meetings.
- Regularly organize and attend case management meetings at the field level.
Key Working Relationships:
- Position Reports to: The Child Protection Manager
- Position directly supervises: Child protection assistants and caseworkers
- Indirect Reporting: The Child Protection Coordinator
- Other Internal and/or external contacts: describe the nature of departments or groups the position influences or requires support from to accomplish objectives.
- Internal: IRC sectors
- External: CPSS, PSWG .
- A minimum qualification of a Degree or HND in Social Works, Psychology, Education and any of the other Social Sciences or at least three 3 years experience in implementing child protection programs in humanitarian or development settings.
- Demonstrated understanding of working with children and particularly vulnerable children.
- Experience in supporting the delivery of psychosocial activities, emergency response, child protection case management including family tracing and reunification, and setting up child safeguarding mechanisms
- Demonstrated understanding of coaching and supervision/team management.
- Personal qualities: Team player, flexible, network-builder, time management and ability to handle pressure well.
- Fluency in English is required and in Hausa is preferred.
- Damaturu is relatively safe.
- Access to basic social amenities and infrastructures are available.
- Frequent travel and relocation can be a requirement for this position.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability.
- In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.