COOPI- Cooperazione Internazionale is an Italian humanitarian non-governmental organization founded in Milan in 1965. COOPI aims to help the world’s poorest to improve their access to healthcare, food, and financial security, and to overcome their special vulnerability to wars, civil conflicts and natural disasters.
COOPI started its operations in North-East Nigeria in July 2014 and its interventions direct assista to the IDPs and host communities, through a multi-sectorial programme covering Disaster Risk Reduction, Food Security, Social protection, Early Recovery and Livelihoods, Nutrition and Child Protection interventions. COOPI's capacity to respond to the humanitarian situation in the country is confirmed by its experience in providing humanitarian aid in more than 28 other Countries around the World, in over 55 years of operations.
COOPI is currently present in Yobe, Borno states in Northeast and Sokoto state in Northwest. In Northeast, COOPI’s intervention areas are located in Jakusko, Geidem, Yunusari and Damaturu LGAs and in Kaga LGA of Borno State.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Information Management System / Data Clerk
Yobe - Damaturu as main Base Office, with frequent daily trips to Gashua and other field locations, Yobe
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Data Entry Clerk will provide support to COOPI Child Protection programs implemented towards IDPs and host communities in Yobe state of NE Nigeria in the management data-entry activities: formatting, creating and properly filling the soft-copies of the reports and for filling properly the Software systems.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, and in collaboration with the PSS Counsellor, and other collaborators of the projects and of the Base, he/she will:
- Supports the project to manage information;
- Creates a database of the beneficiaries and systematically feed into the system the registered information for each beneficiary, both on Excel and other donor’s standard tools (CPIMS) or standard software (Red Rose, COOPI Data base system,...);
- Backs up all electronic files and data base;
- Generates periodic reports;
- Exercises extreme precaution and confidentiality when handling the personal data of the beneficiaries;
- Advises on best practices for managing data and system maintenance as per required standard;
- Collaborates with the rest of the team to ensure the data-entry on-time on-quality taking into consideration that the registrations should be always up to date in soft-copy;
- Trains colleagues, national NGOs partners and stakeholders about generic IT skills and data-entry activities;
- Performs any other duties as assigned by his/her supervisors in connection to the project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree / Diploma from a recognized institution in IT or other relevant field
- Minimum 2 years working experience in IT / data management field with an international NGO or national NGO.
- Excellent communication skills with fluency in written and spoken English Excellent team player
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Minimum of one year experience of working with CPIMS
- Previous experience in data management, previous experience of data management / information management systems in child protection programming preferred.
- Excellent IT skills including the use of Excel (fundamental) and database software.
Application Closing Date
16th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online