We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Assistant – Emergency Response
Requisition ID: req6324
Location: Monguno, Borno
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Scope of Work
- Adolescent girls and boys are gravely underserved in humanitarian emergencies, particularly during the acute phase of response.
- They are often inserted into programming designed for younger children or into adult programming, where their age-specific needs are not understood or met.
- The Adolescent Protection Assistants will act as focal points for adolescent girls (younger) and boys within Child Protection programming in Monguno emergency response.
- Provide support for adolescents and their families and link them to specialized services where needed.
- Ensure regular communication with the CP Officer and manager for updates on achievements and challenges
- Grant Monitoring and Reporting
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports.
- Effectively communicate with other caseworkers, government social workers and service providers as part of providing individual support to adolescents and their families.
- Regularly attend all CP related meetings at field level
- Contribute to the development of proposal activities in relation to case management.
- Coordinate with other IRC sectors staff (e.g. WPE, Protection, Health and Livelihoods) at field level
- Consistently and proactively monitor/assess the safety and security of field teams; promptly reporting concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaising with community leaders and other external parties as required to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor to enable and develop IRC programs
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Uphold the IRC Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in the workplace and communities of intervention
- Child Protection Assistant will work within a Child Protection emergency response team, providing case management and psychosocial support services to adolescents and their care givers.
- Work as part of a Child Protection team in a safe space to provide support to children as part of broader response services
- Participate in identifying facilitators and an initial SAFE approach training and engage in ongoing skills building using SAFE materials.
- With support from supervisors, mentor and coach the community volunteer responsible for co-facilitating sessions with adolescent girls (younger) or boys
- Lead community engagement activities to introduce SAFE activities to female and male community leaders and caregivers
- Conduct initial assessments to identify the risks and needs of adolescent girls and boys
- Work closely with other project staff to identify adolescent girls(younger), adolescent boys, and female and male caregivers to participate in SAFE learning activities
- Act as lead facilitator to deliver sessions twice a week for adolescent girls or boys together with a community volunteer facilitator
- Facilitate sessions once a week for female or male caregivers
- Provide psychological first aid and support to adolescent girls(younger) or boys who disclose experiences of violence and support referral to access required services
- Facilitate feedback meetings with adolescent girl(younger)s and boys, female and male community stakeholders and caregivers and share feedback with supervisor
- Complete weekly reports on project activities, including documenting feedback from participants of SAFE sessions and proactively sharing back lessons learned whilst facilitating the curricula
- Participate in weekly team meetings.
Candidates are desired who have:
- A bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, Economic, another Human Development related field or equivalent of experience preferred
- At least two years’ experience working to support children, adolescent girl and boys, women or parents and caregivers
- Experience with facilitation of group work with relevant populations
- A high level of motivation to assist adolescent girls and boys affected by humanitarian crisis
- A commitment to child protection and gender equality
- A learning attitude and willingness to increase skills and knowledge in the protection of adolescent girls and boys
- Experience as an active participate of social groups, with an understanding of group dynamics and processes.
- Capacity building, facilitation or training experience
- The ability to adapt and work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English and Kanuri
- Basic competency in computer skills.
- Security level is red. The situation in Monguno is currently calm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online