Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) at Landmark University
Landmark University is a private University approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria, established by the World Mission Agency, which is an arm of the Living Faith Church Worldwide. As an apex educational institution, it is focused on teaching, learning, research, and community service by promoting a lasting culture of excellence for the advancement of humanity. The campus is IT – driven, which empowers every focused academic towards achieving a fulfilled career experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor (CIA)
- The Chief Internal Auditor (CIA) oversees the day-today administration of the Audit Unit of the Financial Services Directorate of Landmark University.
- The CIA is responsible for overseeing and managing compliance with regulatory requirements, as well as internal policies and procedure within the University.
Roles and Responsibilities
- More broadly, the Chief Internal Auditor is responsible for the following:
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Audit Unit of the Financial Services Directorate in alignment with the vision and departure philosophy of the University.
- Periodically perform objective assessments of the University’s processes and identifying shortfalls or gaps in processes.
- Assess the University’s risks and the efficacy of its risk management efforts.
- Continuously evaluate the auditing and internal control measures of the University and make improvement recommendations from time to time.
- Coordinate internal auditing activities and plans with external auditors to ensure proper coverage, and timely delivery of audit report
- Independently investigate matters related to compliance, such as fraud, misappropriations, or improper conducts and communicate the findings and recommendations to the University management.
- Monitor and ensure the University’s compliance with relevant financial legislations, law, statues as well as internal policies and procedures.
Qualifications, Competencies and Experience
- Possession of relevant tertiary qualifications in any of the following disciplines: Accounting, Economics, Business Management, or any Finance-related field. Any addional degree is an added advantage.
- Expert skills in auding techniques, accounting and management principles.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles based on the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), as well as a provable understanding of forensic accounting techniques. Experienced in the use of Accounting Software such as Sage, Business Cloud Accounting, Microsoft Dynamic GP, Oracle Financials Cloud etc.
- Experienced in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software, like Oracle ERP Cloud, Oracle NetSuite ERP, SAP ERP, etc.
- Experience with the use of Microsoft Excel and/or Microsoft Access for financial data and audit management analysis.
Adept in the use of other modern ICT tools for the administration and management of audit activities. Must be a registered member of any of the following professional bodies:
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN),
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Fellowship of any of the professional accounting bodies above will be an advantage.
- Interested candidate must possess a minimum of five (5) years experience in a senior management role, in addition to at least five (5) years of experience in a finance department or the financial sector.
- Experience within the tertiary education domain is an added advantage.
- Demonstrates a high level of integrity and transparency on matters of financial administration and management, without any prior indictments of financial improprieties
- Team player who can work under limited supervision and capable of self-direction
- Ability to maintain positive working relationships and confidentiality.
- Ability to work towards meeting deadlines, prioritize tasks and achieve results promptly.
- Highly organized with excellent attention to details and demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to align wholly with the Vision of the University and abide by her Core Values and ethos as contained in the staff handbook and conditions of service
- Interested applicants must enjoy good physical health, mental health, and must not be more than 45 years old at the time of application.
Application Closing Date
30th July 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are to submit the following; Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, and a Vision statement that includes proposed Innovations that would be brought on board, if appointed.
Among others, the candidate’s Curriculum Vitae should give the following details:
- Full name
- Place and Date of Birth
- Gender and Marital Status
- Name and Ages of Children (lf any)
- Religion and Place of Worship
- State and LGA of origin
- Contact Information including- Permanent
- Contact Address, Email Address, Phone Number,
- Educational Background/ Membership of Professional Associations/Relevant Certifications
- Work Experience including details of former and present posts indicating career progression
- Other activities outside current employment
- Proposed date of availability for duties if appointed
- The names and addresses of three referees
- Candidates should request their referees to send references on their behalf directly to the Registrar, via the following email address: [email protected]
The submission of the electronic copies (.docx or .pdf) should be sent as an attachment to
The subject line should read, e.g. “Application for the Post of Director, Physical Planning and Development”.
Click Here to Apply Online