We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Engineer
- As a Chief Engineer, you will manage all engineering operationsincluding building, plants, heating and cooling system (HVAC), plumbing, watertreatment, boilers systems, etc.
- Manage effective performance ofEngineering team in line with the department objectives and key performance indicators.
- As Chief Engineer, you are responsible for the effective management of all engineering and maintenance operations within the hotel, including energy conservation
- You are also responsible for the development of the Engineering Team and staying abreast of compliance regulations and procedures in the field of Engineering, as required for hotel standards
- Lead the Engineering Team in theday-to-day engineering and maintenance operations of the hotel, includingservice standards, equipment schedules, and work schedules
- Communicate with Housekeeping tocoordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for Guest rooms and publicareas
- Develop systems and procedures toensure the health and safety of Guests and Team Members, as well as the proper conditionsfor plants, machinery, and property
- Communicate with Government agenciesto ensure full compliance with statutory regulations
- Prepare Capital and Repairs andMaintenance budgets for Engineering
- Develop and implement preventivemaintenance plan.
- Supervise, develops and maintains anongoing maintenance operation for hotel, including refrigeration, heating,plumbing, water treatment, preventive maintenance, hotel rooms, air/heatingunits, ice machines, swimming pools, lighting, kitchen equipment, emergencygenerators, water softeners, switch rooms, roof exhausts, electricalsubstations, etc.
- Conduct lift emergency releaseprocedures as required
- Ensure good relationships are builtwith internal and external customers.
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures andfittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situationsarise
- Develop, implement, and direct allemergency programs
- Develop, implement and manage energyconservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
- Coordinate renovation bidding, definethe cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractorsto ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
- Perform special projects and otherresponsibilities as assigned
- Identify and introduceenvironmentally-friendly systems and equipment
- Monitor Key Performance Indicatorsfor the Engineering Department and take corrective action, as required, toimprove equipment inventory, quality audit, productivity, and other objectives
- Manage all Team Member relatedactivities, including recruitment, performance management, training, careerplanning, disciplinary matters, and team motivation.
- Maintain the physical appearance and operational efficiency of the hotelincluding physical, mechanical, electrical, plumbing etc.
A Chief Engineer serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
- A Master's Degree in Engineering or similar
- Exposure to budgeting and basic Accounting
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Strong leadership skills and previous experience of managing a team
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience of facilities management
- Proficient, at an advanced level, with computers and relevant computer programs
- First Aid
- Qualification in engineering field.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online