Chartered Accountant in a Reputable Medical Institution
Philban Consulting - Our client, a reputable Medical Institution located at Victoria Island, Lagos, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- They are currently seeking the services of a Chartered Accountant.
- The candidate will be responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and running the financial activities of the company including business operations, account reconciliation/audit, preparation of financial Statements & reports in line with International Financial Reporting Standards, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Suitable candidates should also have excellent financial reconciliatory skills and experience in managing time-bound rolling commitments.
- Perform treasury function including handling and controlling of payments to vendors and handling of cash.
- Perform monthly staff payroll/ tax deductions and all related calculations.
- Managing the company assets register.
- Ensuring that insurance cover for all assets is adequate and are in line with organizational requirements.
- Bookkeeping and monthly reporting under IFRS in line with deadlines. Analyzing actual versus budgeted results (in general and for events) and providing advice to the general manager, senior management and to the board on possible improvements.
- Preparing all monthly, quarterly, and yearly tax reports and ensuring that necessary filings and payments are done on time.
- Working with team members and general manager to complete any other duties as may be required.
- Consistently demonstrating teamwork dynamics by working as a team member; understanding individual and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification, and feedback.
Job Requirements & Qualifications
- MSc / BSc / HND in Finance, Accounting or Economics with a Professional Certificate: The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA).
- Applicant must possess up to 4 years’ experience preferably in the Health industry. Great knowledge of accounting systems (Access Dimensions, Quick Books, SAGE, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- The Accountant must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Strong knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards, internal control principles, operational risk evaluation.
- Candidates must have a strong background in finance and tax as well as understanding the specifics of the manufacturing industry generally.
- N300,000 Monthly.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 15th July, 2022.