Case Management Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Case Management Coordinator
Employee Status: Fixed Term
- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking / vetting process staff.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Child Protection Manager
- Reporting to: Child Protection Officer
Key Areas of Accountabilities:
- In close collaboration with the Children CP Advisor, manage project field activities, ensuring project objectives are being achieved and ensuring the efficiency and effectiveness of our field work.
- Working closely with the CP Advisor, ensure that the project implementation strategy is clearly understood by the implementing teams, and ensure that project plans and strategies are adhered to during implementation,
- Facilitate all trainings on case management for case workers
- Collate and compile all work plans and share with CP Manager weekly.
- Conduct referral and protection mapping (any other assessments)
- Lead the formation and initial training of foster parents
- Ensure meetings and activities hold monthly
- Ensure all documentation, reports, and records are maintained per agreed procedure, and information is provided on community activities as required.
- Facilitate mentoring and coaching of case workers on various topics, as outlined in the implementation plan.
- Ensure all cases are case managed with confidentiality clause adhered to
- Coordinate case conference meetings
- Daily supervision of the Child protection case workers.
- Ensure that case workers are trained on UASC and registration of the children
- Ensure the quality of the case management tools
- Participate in the CP assessment and analysis process
- In coordination with the CP team, support regular participatory activities with different groups of children to identify issues affecting children in project locations and assists team to develop appropriate responses.
- Must adhere to the child safeguarding and protection policies and reporting standards.
- Write and submit weekly activity reports.
- Other ad hoc tasks as requested by Line Manager.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
Additional Job Responsibilities:
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience
Behaviours (Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in Social Work or relevant field experience.
- At least three (3) years relevant experience in child protection programming
- Demonstrable commitment to a holistic vision of children’s welfare
- Substantial management experience, preferably in emergencies
- Excellent written and spoken English; local language skills a major advantage
- Demonstrable competence in report writing
- Experience of financial planning and expenditure monitoring as applied to grants management
- Experience of working with communities, and supporting their participation, ownership and empowerment
- Strong representational and communication skills sensitive to the cultural and military / political environment
- The ability to plan and ensure the implementation of projects, and to oversee the management and report on resources effectively.
- Able to work calmly under pressure in a rapidly changing context
- Proven team management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility; ability and willingness to live in the field
- Competent in Outlook, Word and Excel
- Commitment to upholding Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy, and other Global Policies.
Application Closing Date
10th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
here to apply online
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received. Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.