Since 2005, Pact has helped forge partnerships between government and civil society, resulting in the passage of four significant national bills to fight corruption, including 2011’s landmark Freedom of Information Act.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capacity Development Manager
Pact is recruiting a Capacity Development Manager for an upcoming USAID-funded conflict management and mitigation project that will strengthen inter-faith, inter-ethnic, and other local conflict mitigation networks to support and promote peaceful coexistence, good governance and religious freedoms in targeted communities in six focus states of Northern Nigeria, including building the capacity of state and local governments to assist communities in mitigating violent conflict and preventing violent extremism in the six focus states.
- This position holder will lead all Capacity Development (CD) activities for the project. S/he will develop context specific support for each of the targets based on assessments of the capacities and needs. S/he will support the organizational improvements of all targets.
- The position holder will also oversee CD for the various networks and stakeholders. This position reports directly to the Chief of Party.
Capacity Development Role:
- Work with other project officers, government officials and facility level personnel to develop and implement capacity building exercises for local civil society and government partners to improve their work and performance.
- Design and development of capacity development materials, manuals, assessment tools and methodologies/strategies ensuring its implementation in the project.
- Designing training interventions with relevant modules on advocacy and organizational capacity development including design and customization to suite the target audience, including Coordination and implementation of Pact’s organizational and advocacy training activities.
- Plan, measure and monitoring of project’s organizational capacity building objectives
- Provide support with technical review of proposals.
- Facilitating, Training, coaching and mentoring of partners and CBOs
- Coordination of unit team and various organizational projects; relationship management of key stakeholders.
- Ensure effective implementation of capacity development interventions with the best use of resources.
- Undertake periodic training impact assessment, retention rate etc. using internal resources and expertise for providing high quality advice to the project management in case of any changes required in capacity building interventions.
- Implementation, maintenance and management of the knowledge and information sharing systems within and outside the project, maintaining and enhancing the sources and methods for capturing knowledge
- Capture and document success stories and unintended outcomes of the project.
- Provide strategic directions and guidance to partners on capacity development activities.
- Provide mentoring to the capacity development officer under the component for addressing trouble shooting in coordination with partners for smooth implementation.
- Supervision and enhancement of internal capacities within the organization and among our CSO partners.
- MA in Education, Sociology, Law, Development, Business/Public Administration or another related field. Additional qualification in Public/Community Health is an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in capacity development of CSOs and/or government
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Previous supervisory experience
- Proficiency in developing and managing a budget; experience in developing strategic plans, work plans, fundraising plans; knowledge of sound financial, human resources and administrative policy and procedure.
- Experience in facilitating and leading trainings as well as production of training and capacity assessment reports.
- Experience working directly with CSOs, with a focus on provision of technical advice and/or capacity building.
27th March, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Resume/CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: email@example.com
- All CV/resume/applications must be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants must indicate the position applied for as the SUBJECT of the mail.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.