British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Merchandiser
Job Number: 25303
Location : Lagos
Function: Marketing & Sales
Appointment Type: Permanent
- British American Tobacco is looking to hire wonderful colleagues to join us as Merchandisers across Nigeria.
- The dynamism of this role is represented by its main tasks, like implementing brand and trade programs according to cycle plan in outlets located primarily within the rural market, ensure the effective and efficient execution of marketing activities in the defined territory and extended coverage area
- Role also serves as part of a ‘Tactical Response Team’, positioned to address situations arising within the market, as well as business needs. In this regard, direction to be provided by Area Manager or Regional Manager
- Execute basic TM&D (Trade Marketing and Distribution) activities in the outlets located within the territory in order to meet company objectives as described in the cycle plan (visibility, availability, freshness, consumer contacting, volume, stock quality and RRP -Recommended Retail Price compliance of products are achieved for the territory)
- Engage local government officials, transport/ traffic agencies and other stakeholders to avoid disruption of BAT operations in the defined rural territory
- Improve the company’s corporate image by operating at the highest business ethics, environmental, health and safety standards
- Support Van Reps to achieve high performance by developing new routes and giving TM&D support to existing outlets.
- Gather/ provide ideas on how to develop retail Touchpoints (Retail clusters, redistribution hubs, etc.) in the rural markets
- Develop and adhere to a well-defined work program and route plan as agreed with Area Manager
- Achieve volume and distribution targets through direct selling (Top-up stock) and monitoring of van sales.
- Execute rural related business development projects (e.g. Rural Stockist, Rural Storm etc.)
- Ensure attendance of all approved training programs and show visible application of acquired knowledge
- Develop and maintain an up-to-date detailed database of all customers (including phone numbers and home addresses)
- Provide data and maintain accurate records on BAT’s and competitor’s activities, sales and distribution and brand performance in order to guarantee that Area Manager is fully informed at all times
- Manage all assigned funds, materials and equipment in a secure and efficient manner in order to maximize the use of organization assets
- Maximum Higher National Diploma in a Commercial or Marketing related field
- Maximum 2 years of experience
- Valid driving license
- Functional Knowledge & Skills
- Advanced & Intermediate knowledge of any local dialect in Nigeria would constitute an advantage
- Knowledge of Rural towns and road networks is desirable
- Managerial & Interpersonal Skills
- Selling Skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online