AB InBev is the world's leading brewer. We produce over 500 beers, including world-famous brands such as Budweiser, Stella Artois and Corona. Local Africa brands such as Carling Black Label, Hero, Kilimanjaro, 2M, Eagle and we want like-minded, hard-working and passionate people to join our teams in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brewing Area Manager
Job ID: 30012952
Location: Ilesa, Osun
Job Type: Full-time
- The key purpose of this role as a Brewing expert, lead and manage area teams to deliver sound operational and technical practices in the brewing department underpinned by prescribed VPO practices.
- The Brewing Area Manager is required to meet the required production plan, adhering to the principles of all VPO pillars.
- The role is required to maintain a high level of control against the budgeted KPI's as well as the variable and fixed costs controllable within the team.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- Promote beer brewing quality excellence in the value chain
- Provide Brewing process expertise (Technical depth) and Lead problem solving processes
- Facilitate team problem solving and decision making
- Manage Health, Safety & Risk, Manage Productivity, Manage the brewing process, Management of People
- Occupational Health, Safety and Risk Ensure that Brewery quality and taste targets are met
- Ensure overall reliability of production Process optimization and asset management and plant availability
- Adherence to AB InBev and global brewing quality standards
- Brewing Strategy implementation and support
- Ensure that brand and brewing process standards are met
- Ensure that brewing technical and brand audits are conducted as per the QA audit schedule – and deviations
- Identified and managed through the non-conformance management process
- Ensure training need analyses are conducted and training plans developed for team members
- Ensure appropriate competencies are developed in the team, and ensure cross skilling occurs within the brewing shift team
- Provide coaching and mentorship to brewing levels 1, 2, 3
- Ongoing optimization of brewing quality and production processes
- Drive implementation of process and product optimization including CAPin and VA projects and trials
- Analyses plant performance data to identify opportunities for improvement to plant performance and initiates
- opportunity evaluation
- Analyses plant failure modes and investigate causes for repeat failures to correct root causes
- Ensures that continuous improvement is built into brewing team goals.
Qualifications & Experience:
- BSc Degree in Biological Sciences, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- IBD Papers 1,2&3 completed and passed
- Completed brewing traineeship
- At least 2 years production experience, of which 1 years’ operating at a management level within Brewing.
Traits & Competences Required:
- Demonstrate experience in driving commercial decisions in a brewery (financial, operational, people) and brewing technical expertise
- A good performance track record indicating a disciplined work ethic with passion at maintaining quality
- Excellent understanding of VPO
- Effective communication skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Self-managed and assertiveness.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business
- Creative and broad-minded thinker.
- Dynamic personality.
- Must be a Change agent (Influential power).
- Self-starter and energetic.
- Provide operational support to autonomous shift-based teams on process problem solving, supplying expert advice and guidance.
- Willingness to challenge the "status quo" and uphold process a quality standard within the operational environment
- Coaching and mentoring: with deviations addressed through the non-conformance management procedure and cabin process.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements.
- We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval.
- Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.