Chemonics International – We're one of the world’s leading partners in international development, because where Chemonics works, development works. From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we re-imagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. Our global network of more than 4,000 specialists share an unwavering resolve to work better, driven by a conviction that the world must be better.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Bookkeeper
Location : Nigeria
- We seek for a Bookkeeper in Abuja for the USAID funded Strategic HIV/AIDS Response Program (SHARP) Task Order 01 activity in Nigeria.
- This activity aims to identify and support proven interventions through improvement of service delivery and strengthening health systems with an expanded effort with the Government of Nigeria (GON) in Kwara, Niger, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara States.
The objectives of the activity include:
- Targeted and efficient HIV and TB case identification and linkage to care and treatment;
- Enrollment of patients on HIV/AIDS therapy with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up;
- Successfully suppress HIV viral load; and
- Increase GON capacity to expand, coordinate and finance HIV/AIDS and TB services.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Maintain a proper accounting department, checking the project’s internal control system to ensure that the policies and procedures are being adhered to, including to:
- Prepare checks, receipts, and journals;
- Review all accounting records for accuracy and legitimacy.
- Review payments before secondary review or approval from his/her supervisor and/or designated approvers.
- Enter data entry of all approved vouchers into ABACUS (the Chemonics Field Office accounting system).
- Review cash balances daily and support the preparation of wire transfer requests.
- Prepare and process payroll, ensuring that payroll forms are accurate and fully completed on time monthly.
- Prepare cash reconciliation at the end of each month to close the month’s books and submit to the home office.
- Maintain ABACUS and prepare monthly project locals according to project guidelines.
- Supervise petty cash management, including verification and review of petty cash payments for accuracy, legitimacy, and reconciliation of remaining cash with the Finance Manager whenever replenishment is required.
- Track staff annual leave, sick, and holiday leave balances.
- Maintain accurate timesheet records and ensure all timesheets are submitted on time with the correct approval.
- Review project staff expense reports for accuracy.
- Track sub-ledger balances, including receivable accounts for individual staff ensuring that outstanding travel advances are settled before issuing new advances.
- Assist Finance Manager in maintaining communication and coordination with the home office accounting unit.
- Assist the Finance Manager and project leadership in ensuring all Nigeria-specific accounting and tax requirements are met.
- Assist in grants selection and administration
- Fosters and demonstrates a workplace inclusive of creating opportunity, serving others, building trust,
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required
- Bachelor's degree required in Business Management, Accounting, or a related field
- At least two years of relevant bookkeeping, financial management, and/or accounting experience in Nigeria is preferred
- Knowledge of basic accounting and accounting practices is required, as well as general accounting best practices in Nigeria.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and exercise good, professional judgment that reflects positively on the image and communicates the established program message of the project.
- Ability to effectively use computer software including financial management applications and Microsoft Office. Demonstrated high proficiency with Excel spreadsheet applications is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team.
- Possess excellent organizational and strong multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in English required.
Working Conditions / Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
Application Closing Date
16th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online
Note : Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.