Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base and Facilities Officer
Location : Shinkafi, Zamfara
Report to: Logistics Manager
Report to (functional): Logistics Manager
Area: Logistics and Supply
Working Hours: 48 Hours per Week
Contract Duration: 6 months
- Carrying out or supervising all maintenance logistics activities in the base (vehicles, fuel consumption, and local infrastructure) according to MSF standards and protocols in order to have the material, infrastructure and vehicles in optimal running conditions.
- Planning vehicles movements, tracking individual trips, and ensuring implementation of security measures.
- Tracking consumption of supplies, fuel, lubricants, used in different facilities (office, house, store, etc.).
- Checking the maintenance of the various open spaces (gardens, courtyards…) and ensuring that domestic waste is correctly discarded.
- Checking and ensuring the maintenance of MSF premises and facilities, as well as the general water supply, electrical, walls, ceilings etc. and security conditions. In this sense, making inspection visits to assess the rehabilitation needs of facilities.
Performing maintenance of logistics equipment for cold chain, energy, IT and radio communications, in particular:
- Inventories and the reallocation of equipment.
- Renewing the authorization to use radio material with local authorities.
- Checking the quality of the work carried out on generators and electrical installations.
- Preparing orders for his sector activity do the follow-up, and checking their proper reception and state.
- Carrying out local purchases and ensuring that the line manager is aware of any problems linked to the quality or availability of the items to be purchased.
- Participating in trainings at the request of the line manager.
- Education: Essential Secondary Education.
- Knowledge: Computer literacy and radio equipment user-knowledge.
- Competencies: Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation, Service Orientation, Behavioral and Flexibility, Commitment to MSF Principles, Stress Management.
- Experience: Desirable experience with other NGOs.
- Languages: English and Hausa.
NGN 3,014,622 (Annual basic Salary +13th month) as per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Motivation Letter, copies of Credentials and NYSC Certificate (only PDF or Word) by email to: [email protected] In the subject, please put the position and the reference for which you are applying.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Applications are non- returnable. Do not submit original certificates or credentials.
- MSF encourages women and people with disability status to apply
Application Deadline 20th March, 2020.