Mono is building the critical layer for Africa, across data and payment using open banking. Our easy-to-use API enables developers to connect with their end users’ financial accounts to retrieve account details, transactions, and move money in a manner that is reliable, performant, and fair than anything else available.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend / Reverse Engineering, Data
Employment type: Full Time
- We’re looking for a senior backend engineer with experience in reverse engineering or custom web scraping to join the financial data team. This team is responsible for Mono’s financial data APIs and our mission is to reimagine how consumers share their financial data in a convenient and secure way.
- As a reverse engineer, you will be using advanced techniques to access previously inaccessible financial accounts. We use a set of approaches, among which the analysis of consumer Android applications to infer implicit network APIs and endpoints.
- The right candidate will need to be very familiar with how Android Apps work behind the scenes, the Android runtime, and techniques such as decompilation, deobfuscation, and network traffic analysis. Cryptographic knowledge (PKI, Symmetric and Asymmetric encryption, certificates handling) will also be highly valuable.
- Perform network traffic analysis and infer implicit APIs from institutions’ web and mobile apps.
- Develop and evaluate bank-level encryption schemes (AES, RSA) and android APK reverse engineering.
- Apply your knowledge set to fetch data from multiple sources, cleanse it and build APIs on top of it.
- Understand and be able to reverse engineer authentication processes both in web and mobile apps.
- Build solutions to stay on top of reliability and data quality
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience with data retrieval and reverse engineering technology.
- Sound Knowledge in bypassing Bot Detection Techniques Experience using HTTP Proxy techniques to protects web scrapers against site ban, IP leak, browser crash, CAPTCHA, and proxy failure.
- Ability to be nimble, proactive, and comfortable working with minimal specifications.
- Experience designing and developing RESTful APIs
- Can develop data extracting and processing using raw and programmatic techniques without scrapy or Puppeteer.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and poorly defined complex problems
- Are innovative, push technical boundaries, and are excited to solve problems that have never been solved before
- Communicate in a clear and direct manner
- Can self manage, set an implementation schedule, and manage communication with team members and stakeholders
- Can mentor other engineers and lead by example
- Take an evidence-based and data-driven approach to making decisions.
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Remote friendly
- Access to mental health service
- Health Insurance
- Training Budget
- Team building events
- Bank holidays swap inside the same month
- Fitness/ wellness stipends
- Yearly offsite
- Fresh fruit every week, all-you-can-drink tea and coffee
- Free lunch
- Friday happy hours.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Instructions – Read carefully!
- To apply, click the “Apply for this job” button. Please make sure you proofread everything as we are a company that really cares about attention to detail!
- Once you’re done applying, please complete this assessment test. Take your time to get ready; it takes 15 minutes to complete but it’s a little challenging and fast-paced.