At BFree, we focus on improving consumers’ financial health through our tech-enabled ethical credit management system that makes collection processes in Nigeria and Kenya more scalable, efficient, and user-friendly. Our approach uses a combination of a self-servicing portal, automation supported by human operations, and machine learning algorithms, to cluster and predict customer behaviour. This results in higher recovery rates for lenders and a better experience for borrowers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Backend Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Senior/mid-level Golang engineer who is responsible for building and maintaining backend APIs and services that will be used by our series of products and tools.
- These APIs will need to be highly available and performant under high levels of traffic. Our expectation: write simple, maintainable codes using the best practices ever!
- We also need our engineers to be communicative, resourceful, fast learners, creative, and enthusiastic about using the latest technologies to create solutions that are satisfactory to our customers and clients and also multiply our overall success.
- People- Our people and customers are the core of what we do. Support, transparency, accountability, and personal growth are at the fundamentals of our existence, internally for our staff and externally for our customers.
- Ethics- We make no compromises on the way we operate. We always treat our customers with respect, dignity, honesty, and transparency. A financial emergency can happen to everyone; including you.
- Results- We would have no right to exist if our approach was not viable, so we generally work 100% commission-based. Clients only pay us when we successfully undebt customers.
- Develop solutions by studying the organization’s information needs; our work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create features for new and existing products
- Write server-side code to integrate third-party APIs and services
- Write unit and integration tests
- Create code to interact with relational and non-relational databases
- Ensure continuous software maintenance, testing and continuous improvement to resolve issues relating to bugs
- Take on tasks as required, following through to completion and also help with the technical design of other features where necessary
- Understand our business and client's requirements
- Must be able to go to the most efficient solution and know how to take initiatives
- Must communicate effectively with other members of the development team
Please consider applying even if you have :
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Strong backend experience in developing APIs that can efficiently handle large amounts of requests and data using Golang; Must have written GO in production
- Good understanding of relational databases.
- Good knowledge of version control.
- Experience working with Docker, Postgres, GraphQL and cloud computing services like AWS.
What we offer:
Working for a fast-growing tech-enabled ethical credit is a rare opportunity, one we consider a lifestyle choice rather than a job choice. Our positions are challenging, but also come with amazing advantages and fulfillment to those who earn them. Here’s what we offer:
- Flexible remote work schedule
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- 20 days Annual Leave
- Opportunities to learn and grow with assigned personal development budgets
- We give you the opportunity to solve challenging and meaningful problems that make a difference.
- Ability to work with some of the best minds in the financial industry through frequent, if not daily, interactions.
- And in case you were wondering: no politics, no b.s., no suits, and no jerks
Application Closing Date
15th June, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note : BFREE is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status