Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Reporting & Monitoring
Job Type: Full Time
- Produce high quality, accurate, and timely operational and financial reports and presentations to meet investor monitoring requirements.
- Track investor reporting and payment requirements and deadlines to ensure accurate and timely delivery.
- Use appropriate tools to write regular and ad hoc operational and financial research summaries to aid with decision-making.
- Monitor and measure operational and financial metrics as it relates to the objectives of the business.
- Use your interpersonal skills and keen eye for detail to collaborate with teams across the business to create high-quality reports of excellent technical and editorial standards.
- Contribute and implement strategic plans and ideas that will improve the efficiency, accuracy, controls in relation to assigned work or projects.
- Keep up to date with market developments, new investment products and all other areas that can affect the markets, e.g. movements in the economies of relevant countries.
- Monitoring all investor and investee portfolios to draw conclusions for future investment plans.
- Work with Principal, Corporate Finance to improve current reporting and monitoring processes & systems. Assist in evaluating new processes and drive forward.
- Manage Analysts to ensure a deepening of skills and knowledge within the team and efficient and effective delivery of reports.
- Ability to work under direct supervision and also independently.
- Complete day to day reporting activities, managing and clearing work queues in the reporting team as assigned. Timely escalation to management of any material issues or risk to deliverables.
- Maintain an awareness of relevant regulatory, environmental, and social guidelines and apply them to the workload and collaborate with legal/ compliance teams to ensure that reporting content is compliant with industry standards and local and international regulations.
- Understand the risk environment within the department – promote risk awareness, assessment and control.
- Analyze financial information relating to specific companies reports, e.g. company results, profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statements to determine how an organization is positioned to deliver for investors.
- This position reports to Head, Corporate Finance.
Reporting and Monitoring Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business or related field.
- 5 + years experience in the finance services industry.
- In depth investment knowledge - this may come from an interest in the markets, participation in relevant student societies or running a shadow portfolio.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management.
- Must be organized and able to multitask often working to tight deadlines.
- Must be proactive, flexible and a problem solver.
- Experience within Asset Management, Banking or other financial services related business in a Client Reporting, Performance Analysis or Regulatory reporting capacity.
- Exposure to ESG Reporting & Analytics.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply