- Company: Babban Gona Farmer Services Nigeria Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Nigeria
Babban Gona Agricultural Franchise is a financially sustainable, high impact and highly scalable social enterprise, which is part-owned by the farmers it serves. Babban Gona is an innovative model designed to serve the bottom of the pyramid and transform agriculture into a job-creation engine. Through this agricultural franchise, Babban Gona offers a suite of services to smallholder farmers, helping them to overcome the challenges of fragmentation and low economies of scale.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Associate Mobile Developer
Employment Type: Full Time
Reporting Line: This position reports to the Head, Enterprise Systems Engineering
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure.
- Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Design, build and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Kotlin code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services
- Design operational and information support systems in collaboration with fellow engineers and developers
- Other responsibilities and tasks required to support organizational goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or other subject matter area with equivalent IT experience
- 1-3 years of professional experience in software development
- Proven Experience in Mobile Applications
- Demonstrated ability to interpret data to derive business insight
- Two years experience as an Android Developer using Kotlin, Java and Android SDK
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- A natural knack for collaboratively crafting solutions with users and colleagues.
- Understanding basic design principles behind a scalable application
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- The ability to absorb information. You love getting into the weeds technically, but don’t let that distract you from achieving your end goals.
- You are a systems thinker and critical thinker, with experience solving problems at their root cause.
- Ability to provide support to; and collaborate with internal units and external groups to achieve business objectives.
Start Up Environment:
- Thrives in a fast paced, start-up environment with dynamic business priorities.
- Competitive salary
- Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- Annual paid vacation
- Group Life Insurance.
Application Closing Date