We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Primary Health Care
Location : Boki and Etung LGAs, Cross River
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Assistant Technical Officer, Primary Health Care will provide programmatic, technical and operational assistance to supported facilities. Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, the ATO-PHC will manage all activities related to supported health facilities in Boki and Etung LGAs.
- Support in project start-up and ongoing project management and administration of activities including beneficiary/community identification, refugees screening site mapping, planning and implementing of all sector activities, working with partners and facilitating monitoring.
- Map all health facilities and other resources for identification of and access to such services for refugees.
- Support health facilities with improved skills for service delivery to Cameroonian Refugees and host communities
- Provide technical assistance to teams in Boki and Etung LGAs on effective service delivery.
- Support system for continuous quality improvement of delivery of quality health care services in supported facilities
- Contribute to all field work, including working collaboratively with other FHI 360 staff in Cross River state in the implementation of all planned interventions including identification of existing and establishing referral networks and monitoring throughout the intervention period.
- Ensure effective program beneficiary target according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Integrate community approaches, gender sensitivity and capacity building into all activities as appropriate.
- Adherence to the Sphere standard and UNHCR policy on Refugee Protection and Solutions
- Other duties as assigned.
- MB.BS, MD or similar degree with minimum of 1 year relevant experience in emergency and constrained settings, INGO experience is most desirable.
- Must have a valid practicing license
- 1-3 years relevant experience in clinical setting.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues surrounding program delivery
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English and any of the local languages.
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Ability to travel within Nigeria 25% time.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan.
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- FHI 360 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.