Assistant Technical Officer - MERL at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi)
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions, education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. The AHNi-led ACEBAY project along with the State Primary Health Care Development Agencies (SPHCDA)s in Borno and Yobe States is implementing a result-focused and performance-based COVID-19 intervention to improve access to vaccines in keeping with the One Team, One Budget, and One Plan initiative in Nigeria. The AHNi-led ACEBAY project is integrating COVID-19 interventions into its implementation in order to provide support for vaccinations in the community to target eligible populations and improve vaccine coverage in keeping with the SCALES strategy in both states.
To this regard, AHNi is seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer - MERL
Borno and Yobe
Job Category: Fixed Term
- The ATO-AMERL will provide M&E support to the LGA vaccination teams and support capacity building at the state level.
- Coordinate high frequency reporting of COVID-19 activities across all supported LGAs on the DIS, DHIS, LAMIS, EMID, and other national data capturing tools/platforms.
- He/She will develop guidelines, tools, and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation, and monitoring of COVID-19 activities, oversee the implementation and reporting of integrated HIV, TB, COVID-19 and other medical services at the state and LGA levels, provide technical leadership to build the capacity of local implementing agencies and state counterparts to conduct DQA assessments across supported LGAs and assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- The ATO-MERL will also coordinate daily situation room meetings and hold LGA teams accountable for their performance, ensure consistency in data reported through EMID, daily situation rooms and program EMR, assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local partners in programming COVID-19 activities.
- And contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to COVID-19 diagnosis, management, and vaccination and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Statistics, Demographics, or any related field.
- A Master’s degree or advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or other related fields is an added advantage.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in M&E positions and implementing M&E activities for development initiatives.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and database management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-M&[email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 29th July, 2022.
- Candidates applying for these positions should be resident within the Local Government Area and Community.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview.