We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Community Mobilization
Location : Boki, Cross River
Supervisor: Project Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
- The Community Mobilization Assistant will ensure effective mobilization and engagement with the various stakeholders at community, LGAs and state level for successful project implementation.
- Support community-driven approaches to primary health care service delivery.
- Facilitate stronger linkages and partnerships between the project and other implementing partners.
- Develop and implement project community engagement strategies.
- Lead advocacy efforts to mobilize political and social commitment and human resources for the project at all levels.
- Establish/strengthen referral systems for health service delivery
- Provide guidance for social mobilization efforts at all levels as well as work closely with various partners and broad range of stakeholders that include TBAs, Faith Based Leaders, Traditional and Paramount Leaders, Youth, CSOs and LGA PHC units to conduct mobilization activities at all levels in order to increase uptake of primary health care services.
- Coordinate mapping exercises and documentation of community resources (TBA/FBO/CSO/CBO relating to PHC in order to ascertain positive engagement
- Provide technical guidance and leadership for appropriate training for social mobilization team to build their competence mobilization techniques.
- Identify community issues/challenges and develop strategies to address these issues/challenges for effective implementation of the campaign portfolio
- Conduct regular coordination meetings with the LGA social mobilization team to ensure an integrated and comprehensive approach to community mobilization, advocacy, and networking.
- Prepare regular reports and other briefs on mobilization activities to HNIR Community Mobilization Officer.
- Other duties as may be assigned periodically.
- The candidate should possess a Bachelor's degree in Sociology, Community Development, Social Work and Social Administration or Social Sciences with 1 – 3 year post national youth service experience.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian crisis is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health and other related public health issues for internally displaced persons in developing countries in general and Nigeria specifically.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political and ethical issues in program implementation and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication.
- High degree of proficiency in all the local languages is highly desirable.
- Well-developed computer skills.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan.
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
- FHI 360 is an equal opportunity employer. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- FHI 360 does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.