Assistant General Manager, HAM / Admin at Dangote Group
Dangote Group is one of Nigeria’s most diversified business conglomerates with a hard - earned reputation for excellent business practices and products’ quality with its operational headquarters in the bustling metropolis of Lagos, Nigeria in West Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant General Manager, HAM / Admin
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assist to drive implementation of approved HAM/Admin policies and programs to ensure efficient management of human and material resources for the Plant.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist Head, HAM/Admin to oversee the use of approved HAM/Admin systems/framework to support learning and development, career management activities for the Plant.
- Assist in ensuring timely collation and verification of all available vacancies to ensure adherence to approved recruitment policies and procedures
- Supervise the implementation of career and performance management practice to ensure adherence to approved guidelines.
- Follow-up to ensure timely payment of all employees in the Plant.
- Advice Plant’s Management on issues related to Human Resources Management/Admin.
- Assist in driving the implementation of a fist class maintenance and management culture of all office and residential buildings in the Plant’s portfolio.
- Supervise the Plant’s Fleet (official and pool vehicles) to ensure optimal usage and functionality; and minimize vehicle down time.
- Escalate administrative issues to the Head, HAM/Admin for speedy resolution.
- Assist in preparing and managing the department’s budget and approved expenditure as defined in the manual of authority.
- Collate inputs from Unit Heads on HAM & Admin activities to prepare periodic management reporting and submit to Head, HAM/Admin for review.
- Regularly inspect the conditions of the plant’s facilities and ensure that maintenance contractors adhere to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Assist in driving the implementation of approved DCP’s fleet management policies and operations for the Plant to meet the current, emerging, and future operations.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by Head, HAM/Admin for review.
Academic / Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in relevant discipline.
- Professional qualification in HR Management e.g. Senior Professional in HR (SPHR), Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years progressive HR work experience, 3 of which must be in a management position.
Skills and Competencies:
- Good knowledge of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation etc.
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
- Very good presentation and communication skills.
- Excellent organisation and project management skills
- Very good business writing skills.
- Very good knowledge and understanding of relevant HR management process areas such as organisation development, manpower planning, and recruitment.
- Very good knowledge of techniques, tools and basic considerations for performing manpower/ workload analysis.
- Good understanding of employee/industrial relations, as well as an appreciation of the dynamics of the labour and employment legislations in Nigeria.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid time off
- Training & Development
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply