Apply at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Head, Financial and Regulatory Reporting
Job ID: 1900005Q
Job Type: Full-time
Organization: Chief Financial Officer Directorate
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation of monthly management and financial reports
- Co-ordinate all external audits e.g. statutory audit, regulatory audits
- Reviewing daily CBN returns before submission
- Develop and maintain documentation of Accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish and execute controls for compliance to the Group’s accounting and financial reporting procedure.
- Develop, support and maintain all financial accounting systems and ensure that they are compliant with IFRS, the Group’s accounting policy and other regulatory requirements.
- Review valuation of financial assets/ liabilities on a regular basis and proposes journals to state them in line with IFRS.
- Ensure that the consolidated financial statements and reports are prepared in accordance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), the Group accounting policies and other regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provision of all IFRS disclosures in the financial statements for the annual audit, including the accounting entries and disclosure requirements for specific transactions, such as RBO.
- Provide support to the Accounts unit and ensure that all product manuals are in compliance with IFRS & the Group’s accounting policy before they are approved.
- Provide support to the GL control unit and ensure that all GLs report numbers that are in compliance with IFRS & the Group’s accounting policy and also assess the risk of the GLs that are not compliant.
- Provide support to the subsidiaries’ finance team and ensure that all reports prepared by them are in compliance with IFRS & the Group’s accounting policy and oversee their IFRS implementation.
- Act as an educator of the Bank and Group at large by providing necessary education/ enlightenment on IFRS and implementation of accounting policies.
- Perform in-depth financial analysis of the financial reports
- Provide support to the Bank and Group on Business intelligence, technical accounting issues and guidance on the financial implications of entering complex financial transactions.
- Perform impact assessment of new IFRS & regulatory policies, proposed and final, and assist in their implementation.
- Preparation of group impact memoranda for all IFRS developments.
- Perform relevant ratio computations and advice management on their implications to the financial health of the Bank & Group. Benchmark these ratios against industry players and best standards.
- Perform pre and post-acquisition valuation of subsidiaries and account for business combinations.
- Perform valuation of the Bank’s Intangible Assets
- Minimum Education: First degree in Applied or Social Sciences, Higher Degree/ Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, ACA, or its equivalent
- At least twelve years post Qualification experience, of which four should have been in a managerial role.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online