- Company: Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Job Reference: MGN00219ALM
Location: Monguno, Borno
Line Manager: Project Administration Manager
Contract Duration: 3 months/renewable(AU1) .
Start Date: Urgent Need
Work With: Project Coordinator, Logistics team, Medical team, HR team in the Coordination Office and Administration team.
- To provide Administration and HR overall management and capacity to support Monguno office on humanitarian response on the full range of employment issues and administration.
- Focal point for HR
- Advise and support managers and staff on all aspects of ALIMA HR Policies and Procedures and the local Employment Law, to facilitate decision making
- Support managers’ decisions with appropriate HR solutions in disciplinary and performance improvement procedures, indicating the risk and any suggestions.
- Ensure proper contract administration for all staff
- Ensure that contracts and contract amendments are processed in a timely manner, communicated, and documented properly.
- Ensure that administrative processes for employee separations are followed properly, and that necessary documentation and information is recorded for the processing of end of contracts.
Conduct Exit Interviews:
- Ensure Performance Objectives, probationary periods, Individual assessment review are set and submitted to HR Coordinator in a timely manner.
- Providing administrative support as required to Monguno project.
- With support from the Admin ensure all new staff received briefings and inductions.
- Oversee the processing of the monthly payroll
- Act as focal point for payroll and HOMERE software, answering questions as needed and communicating all changes or updates.
- Update the payroll database regularly throughout the month, ensuring that all additions, deletions and changes are recorded completely and accurately and that supporting documentation is filed.
- Consolidate and review Monguno payroll, ensuring it is accurate and complete.
- Submit a final version of the payroll database to the HR Co and Admin manager on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with the Admin Assistant in Monguno to ensure that all payroll supporting documentation is received and filed in a timely manner.
- Share the payroll to the Admin manager on a monthly basis.
- Work with the Base Admins and Admin Assistant to ensure that signed time sheets and pay slips are received, tracked and filed correctly for all staff.
Oversee the mission’s benefits Administration:
- Act as the primary contact person with pension and salary account providers, ensuring that the necessary administrative follow up is done. Support staff in this process.
- Liaise with logistics to share information as required – movement planning, etc.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems.
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures.
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
Recruitment and Staff Development:
- Supervises the overall recruitment of national staff in line with the recruitment procedure of ALIMA in Monguno
- Provides induction and orientation to newly recruited staff on their obligation, rights and employment benefits.
- Develops and conducts training on specific topics in order to increase the ALIMA team member capacities and knowledge in the project.
- Ensures the application of ALIMA rules for the national staff (HR formalities, recruitment process, contracts, constitution of individual files, briefing of new employees, confidentiality of HR information).
- Ensures that organizational charts are coherent and are conform to ALIMA classification grid.
- Defines and follows-up training plan for the national staff in accordance with ALIMA guidelines.
- Coordinates and supervise the implementation of administrative procedures related to the employment contracts of ALIMA staff in Monguno project, in particular everything related to the CV, cover letters, business certificates, diplomas, National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), certificates of marital status, access cards to the attention health, vacation request forms, Certificates of residence to comply with the legislation in force in the country.
- Close coordination with supervisors and activity managers to obtain updated roasters for each month.
Management Disciplinary issues:
- In collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the Project Administration, participate in disciplinary issues at the project level.
Manages all aspect of disciplinary procedures and investigations with the support of the project Administration and the project Coordinator:
- Monthly Payroll
- HR Report
- Monthly HR Sitrep
- Update Monguno Organograms monthly.
Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in fields related to HR management or Administration and Management or Master’s degree in HR management.
- 3 years’ work experience with at least 1 year in a related role.
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Approachable, diplomatic, able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment.
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, rigorous, self-motivated, strong sense of responsibility, ability to work independently.
- Able to maintain confidentiality.
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information.
- Commitment to ALIMA charter and code of conduct.
- Experience of working in emergencies and in conflict situations.
- Skills in tenacity and patience.
- Good communication skills (oral and writing)
- Computer skills – MS word, MS excel, MS power point
- use of the Internet, databases and email.
- Master’s degree in HR management an asset
- Previous working experience with ALIMA or for INGOs an asset, particularly health related INGOs
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset
- Working experience with HOMERE payroll software.
Application Closing Date
19th February, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit online their Cover Letter, CV with color picture and qualifications with contact details to ALIMA’s recruitment email via: firstname.lastname@example.org Or Submit hardcopies to ALIMA’s Office in: Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) No. 2 Jinn Road, Off Damboa Road, Behind UNHCR Office, Maiduguri, Borno State. Or House No A3 – 20 House, Monguno, Borno State. Note
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
- Please mention the job reference in capital letter on your application subject or on your envelope.
- “HR Manager – Monguno” in the subject line.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- Please check and confirm the duration for initial contract signing.