Adolescent Girls and Gender Officer at Pro-Health International
Pro-Health International is a faith-based, non- profit organization that has provided free health care services to under-served populations in Nigeria and Africa for over 27 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Adolescent Girls and Gender Officer
- Pro-Health International is inviting suitable candidates for the under-listed position for its newly awarded USAID funded OVC project ICHSSA 4: Integrated Child Health and Social Services to be implemented in Nigeria.
- The USAID / Nigeria funded Integrated Child Health and Social Service Award (ICHSSA) is to ensure that Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) are cared for, and protected by their households, communities, and local and state government to reduce their vulnerability to HIV.
- PHI urgently requires the service of skilled, competent, and seasoned specialist in the field of Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) program who understands the recent development in PEPFAR programming for Children and households susceptible to HIV. The ICHSSA project seeks to improve the wellbeing of OVCs and their caregivers in both Adamawa and Bauchi. States
- Conduct an analysis of the experiences, risks and challenges for children – girls and boys, including disabled children – in the targeted states/communities.
- Design and conduct gender assessments at regular intervals
- Develop a gender mainstreaming plan and keep it up-to-date annually. The plan must include activities, indicators and means of verification, deadlines and resources for each activity;
- Collaborate with other colleagues and CBO partners to ensure gender integration throughout the implementation of the project in accordance with the USAID donor policies / strategies and gender requirements;
- Provide technical support to CBOs in raising awareness in target communities about the sexual risk’s adolescents
- Support CBOs to identify and address the difficult issues of Child Sexual Abuse (CSA) and GBV through culturally acceptable and age-appropriate content and highlighting the key role parents can play in protecting their children from CSA and GBV and responding to abuse.
- Support CSOs to establish and strengthen referral mechanism and linkages between the communities and health facilities for ASRH and gender-based violence, including implementation of clinical pathway for treatment of sexual assault survivors;
- Contribute to the documentation and dissemination of project efforts, achievements, lessons learned and innovations within PHI and to the larger Nigerian and global community, as appropriate;
- Facilitate capacity development for partner CBOs, community volunteers, child protection committees and other key stakeholders on gender integration and child protection;
- Provide regular supportive supervision to CBO staff to ensure the achievement of expected results;
- Monitor and evaluate program performance on gender-related goals and objectives and contribute content for internal and external reporting.
- Collaborate with the Gender and Adolescent Program Advisor and other PHI ICHSSA team to drive the implementation of Gender and Adolescents in Bauchi.
Minimum Experience and Qualification
- University degree (Master’s or higher) in the Social Sciences (i.e. Sociology, Psychology), Public Health, Child Health, International Development, or in an area relevant to Gender, Health, Child Protection and HIV / AIDs
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible professional experience and demonstrated track record of having undertaken and led substantive programming and research on gender and adolescence development field.
- Experience in designing, implementing, managing, and delivering results-based program / projects on gender and adolescence or any other cross cutting program, especially at country / field level, experience in emergency response is an asset. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relations both within and outside the organization
- Required Travel: Ability to travel up to 50 % of the time
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should attach a Cover Letter along with their resume / CV as a single document to:
using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
Disclaimer Clause / Notice
- This job description is not an exhaustive list, rather it is intended to be indicative of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
- PHI recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Equal Opportunity Language: Pro-Health International is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.