DEDA Hospital is a leading Nigerian healthcare provision facility with a history of successful health outcomes for our clients. Started Operations in 2012, DEDA hospital is home to an array of experienced healthcare providers and administrators from across the world with a dedication to delivering optimal healthcare service, especially to women, children and families. For over 6 years, DEDA hospital has provided Abuja, Nigeria and the International world with high quality, compassionate healthcare. Today, DEDA Hospital has thousands of patients, numerous staff and healthcare professionals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounting Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- Ensure all accounting and finance records are properly filed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensuring timely input of data required for preparation of monthly financial statements
- Checking completeness and validity of payments before posting into general ledger.
- Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
- Track transactions on balance sheets and report any discrepancies
- Balancing the cash register and generating reports for credit and debit sales.
- Prepare payments by verifying supporting documentation, obtaining payment authorization and preparing payment advice/cheques
- Manage transactions with customers using cash registers
- Collect payments whether in cash or credit
- Issue receipts, refunds, change
- Accepting payments, ensuring all prices and quantities are accurate and proving a receipt to every customer.
- Processing refunds and exchanges, resolving complaints.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
Qualifications / Skills
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in Accounting ONLY, with at 3-5 years experience in a similar role.
- Basic understanding of Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Strong commitment to learning.
- Ability to use excel for daily data entry and analysis are required for this position, and will be tested at interview.
- Demonstrated ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members.
- Good organizational skill and pay attention to details.
Deadline: 3rd March, 2021.
Note: This role requires Night Shift.