- Company: Save The Children Nigeria
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Adamawa Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Accountability Assistant
Ref No: 210003VP
Team: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning
Reports to: Accountability Officer
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Staff directly reporting to this post: NIL
Contract Length: 1 Year
- Level 3- The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people and, in the overseas context all posts are considered to be level 3 posts in view of potential situations which may allow staff unsupervised access to vulnerable children and young people.
- To be responsible for working with programme staffs and beneficiaries in managing complaints and feedback in the field as well as maintaining the integrity of information received.
- This role will also involve management of CRM database by ensuring proper documentation and aggregation of CRM data including complaints received, investigated and responded to as well as providing detailed summaries of complaints issues to feedback to the program team during monthly and quarterly meetings / reports.
Key Areas of Accountability
Objective 1: CRM Development, Support, Logistics and Coordination :
- Ensure a proper filing system for all the complaints and feedback received through the helplines.
- Support in sensitizing community members on the available complaint mechanisms and how to use them.
- Support with Monthly data validation
- Support in aggregating CRM data from the field to a summary CRM database
- Support in identifying complaint and other feedback trends which indicate where the Programs can improve.
- Support in providing ad hoc reports as requested concerning complaints and other Beneficiary feedback.
- Receive and respond to beneficiary complaints under the direction and supervision of Accountability Officer
- Support in following up on complaints and feedback internal referrals with appropriate offices and sectors and respond to raised pending issues.
Objective 2: Routine Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Support on-going monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of projects in reporting routine monitoring data against performance monitoring plans and frameworks
- Support field teams to collect information on potential case studies and success stories
- Other duties as directed.
Skills and Behaviours (our Values in Practice)
- Accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility
- High level of accuracy in work, and ability to analyse complex sets of relationships and situations
- Holds self and others accountable
- Creating best-in-class EA function
- Future-orientated, thinks pro-actively
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Designing more effective admin and data management systems
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency, demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Skills and Experience
(Administrative & General Skills)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (health sciences, social sciences, development studies or other)
- Must have completed NYSC
- 1year experience working in a related position in particular Humanitarian experience.
- Formal training in Accountability, Monitoring and Evaluation, Data Management, Core Humanitarian Standard, Data Quality Assurance (DQA) is an asset
Knowledge and Skills:
- Skills and experience conducting data verification, analysis, reporting and monitoring
- Good interviewing skills
- Experience managing a CRM process is an advantage
- Ability to lead on detailed logistical tasks such as those required for fieldwork or when organizing events
- Excellent skills in oral and written communications
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analysis skills are an advantage
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritization skills
- Competent and experienced in general office administration, coordination and logistics
- Excellent IT skills
- Fluency in Kanuri, Hausa, and English language
- Good writing, editing and presentation skills
Application Closing Date
18th June, 2021.