The North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria - An International Development Organization is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: STTA Electrical Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The STTA Electrical Engineer will oversee electrical work in Nghar, Barkin-Ladi LGA in support of Nghar community. Specifically, the STTA Electrical Engineer will map out the locations of 30 solar-powered streetlights with a selected streetlight vendor, assess streetlight material received which the vendor will use to ensure the material is according to the Purchase Order (PO), and oversee the vendor’s work throughout installing the 30 solar-powered streetlights.
Reporting & Supervision:
- The STTA Electrical Engineer will report to NERI’s Engineer based in Kafanchan and the NERI Operations Manager based in Abuja. The STTA Electrical Engineer will maintain consistent communications with the NERI Program Manager for Plateau.
Primary Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Travel to project site in Nghar, Barkin-Ladi LGA and communicate closely with the NERI Program Manager for Plateau.
- Conduct mapping of 30 streetlights to be installed in Nghar community in coordination with the selected streetlight vendor and community leaders under the direction of the NERI Program Manager for Plateau. The final mapping must be approved by the NERI Program Manager for Plateau.
- Draft reports, as needed and as requested, to update the NERI Engineer and NERI Program Manager for Plateau throughout implementation.
- Coordinate, as needed, with the streetlight vendor and community leaders, under the guidance of the NERI Program Manager for Plateau.
- Conduct daily assessment of received streetlight material to ensure the material are according to the vendor’s Purchase Order (PO). Coordinate with the NERI Engineer to confirm received material.
- Oversee the vendor’s work while the vendor installs the 30 solar-powered streetlights to ensure work is on time and according to the PO.
- Final mapping of the specific locations for each streetlight.
- Weekly monitoring reports during the implementation phase.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- A University degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
- 5 years’ work experience. 3 years’ specific work experience as an electrician or electrical engineer.
- Knowledge of building, construction, and rehabilitation principles and design standards with sound ability to interpret architectural and structural drawings.
- Ability to take onsite measurements, perform mathematical calculations, track project budget, and record accurately.
- Ability to work under short deadlines and efficiently handle multiple tasks.
- Attention to detail and the ability to function well in a team.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Fluency in Hausa is preferable
- Ability to work independently, think creatively, and apply problem-solving skills and provide technical supervision. Ability to technical inspect structures, recognize.
- Experience in working with communities to implement grassroots development projects preferred.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. is required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) listing all work experience and qualifications and a Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the job title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 3rd June, 2021.