Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Management Information Systems Officer
Job type: Full Time
Level: Mid Level
Category: Monitoring and Evaluation
Starting date: As Soon as Possible
Direct Line Manager: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 – Support management of beneficiaries for Action Against Hunger projects:
- Support comprehensive data management of the program beneficiaries
- Carry out timely programming, printing, and reprinting of beneficiary’s card
- Timely reporting for accountability purposes of all beneficiary’s transactions
- Ensure safe management and protection of beneficiary information and data at the base level
Objective 2 – Support the management of MIS technologies and platforms (Including Red Rose, PowerBI, Kobo etc…):
- Ensure adequate management of the programs databases and RedRose platforms at the base level
- Carry out timely device configuration for Red Rose platforms and Bluetooth printers
- Carry out troubleshooting of devices and find solutions where necessary to ensure timely implementation of program activities
- Ensure routine monitoring of the Red Rose and ODK / Kobo devices and software upgrades when necessary in conjunction with the M&E Assistants / Officers
- Ensure the timely configuration of vendor devices.
- Direct management and safekeeping of all the programs smartphones for data capturing.
- Supports M&E and Program Team on database management software usage when necessary
- Support the M&E team in coding and creating new forms and questionnaires
- Create Monthly reports via the use of infographic software.
Objective 3 – Ensure proper and timely implementation, management and capacity building on MIS technology at the base level:
- Take a lead in data storage, processing, retrieval and reporting to project management team and key community stakeholders in consultation with the M&E team
- Undertake regular visits to all programs operational LGAs to support technical capacity in usage and management of MIS and its associated technology
- Coordinate and share learning related to MIS knowledge, data collection, use of device, behaviors, and practices at base office level, and AAH at large
- Generate MIS related reporting on trends in all-cash programs context and progress (using graphs, pie charts, bar charts, etc.) for internal and external reporting in consultation with the M&E Manager
- Train local field staff, state government stakeholders and key community beneficiaries in how to establish and use simple MIS in coordination with the project management team
- Build capacity of program staff through on the job training, mentoring, shadowing and technical support to ensure MIS compliance
- Assess and support the integration of MIS in all programs to include other on-going AAH projects in Northern Nigeria
Objective 4 – Support formulation and integration of Geographic Information System technology and other related spatial information applications, for operational programming needs:
- Support collection of information and study trends for the preparation of maps and its documentation, as required for analysis or reporting needs
- Support creation, organization and archiving of mapping product for ACTION AGAINST HUNGER areas of operations
- Compile geographic data from a variety of sources including field observation, satellite imagery, and existing maps
Objective 5 – Represent Action Against Hunger in relevant local forums and technical working groups where necessary:
- Where necessary represent Action Against Hunger internally in community and state-level MIS forums on issues related to the information management system, MEAL and reporting (consortia, alliances, and clusters)
- In consultation with the M&E Manager, participate in programs based on technical discussion and sharing forums during the visit of other project stakeholders to the project sites
- Participate in base level MIS planning, training and sharing forums as appropriate
Internal & External Relationship
- M&E Manager: Operational hierarchical relationship– exchange of information, reporting, collaboration, coordination
- MIS Manager : Technical supervisor – exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- M&E Field Officers / Assistants: exchange of information, collaboration, coordination
- Project Officers: Ensure exchange of information, collaboration and coordination
- Other ACF M&E and program staff: exchange of information, collaboration and coordination
- Governmental and non-governmental partners: Exchange of information, coordination, training, supervision, influence on the choice of technical options
- Representatives of international aid organizations: Exchange of information
- Representatives of donors: Exchange of information, technical discussions, project-related exchanges
- Degree in MIS, IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- Minimum of three (3) years of working experience
- Fluency in English and Hausa (both written and spoken skills)
Skills and Experience
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and culturally sensitive
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programming (Access, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Proven ability to create management information systems for large amounts of data within a complex program
- Knowledge and experience in using database specific software
- Excellent communication, writing, and analytical skills
- Fluent in English
- Experience designing and leading capacity building and training for national teams.
- Commitment to AAH mission, values, and policy
- Previous experience in M&E, MIS of cash-based interventions (i.e. cash for work, cash transfers or cash vouchers)
- IT troubleshooting capabilities.
Minimum Basic Salary
NGN236,585 per month
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 4th March, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit acfinternational.applytojob.com .