Busy Minds Consult is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSE Officer
: Ikoyi, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage Safety functions in line with business policies, procedures and standards.
- Ensure conformance with safety and OHSAS 14001 & 18001:2007 standards
- Identify system problems, investigate and recommend solutions.
- Liaise with client’s HSE/security/operational staff to carry out regular HSE tests/drills, fire-fighting practiceand other drills to keep the workers alert and sensitive to their environment.
- Provide expertise and compliance support for project management.
- Implement PTW when required and assist dept. to fill up the work box preparation
- Monitor daily PTW implementation and revalidation
- Assists in speedy and smooth response and action in case of emergencies.
- Arrange and/or conduct induction training.
- Prepare and forward weekly reports to the SHEQ Superintendent.
- Perform a monthly H&S inspection at the 8 Ikoyi sites and submit report to the SHEQ Superintendent.
- Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Participate in Safety Incident Investigations and Risk assessments
- Conduct internal audits.
- Facilitate root cause investigations of non-conformances and take necessary corrective and preventative actions.
- Motivate and oversee the implementation of Safety improvement initiatives.
- Coordinate and attend regular Safety meetings.
- Any other responsibility that may be assigned by your line manager.
Education and Qualification:
- Bachelor's in Engineering, or Science in Oil and Gas related discipline.
- Approximately 3 to 5 years in HSE ideally with a multi-national organization;
- Experience of dealing with difficult situations in a diplomatic and professional manner;
- Track record of developing and implementing HSE/Training policies and systems.
- Approximately 3 year to HSE Training
- Approximately 3 to 5 years in an Operational HSE environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Important Information / Notice
- Please note that the dates of each of your work experience should include the start month and year and stop month and year. E.g. July 2019 – Aug 2019.
- Only selected candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 1st February, 2021.