- Company: Protea Hotel – Marriott International
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Hospitality Jobs in Nigeria
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Supervisor – Restaurant
Job Number: 21040260
Location: Protea Hotel Owerri Select, Plot H/1 Nekede Pocket Layout New Owerri, Imo.
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Protea Hotels
Position Type: Non-Management
Located Remotely?: N
- Ensure staff is working together as a team to ensure optimum service and that guest needs are met.
- Inspect grooming and attire of staff, and rectify any deficiencies.
- Complete opening and closing duties including setting up necessary supplies and tools, cleaning all equipment and areas, locking doors, etc.
- Inspect storage areas for organization, use of FIFO, and cleanliness.
- Complete scheduled inventories and stock and requisition necessary supplies.
- Monitor dining rooms for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
- Complete work orders for maintenance repairs.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and / or cost-savings. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Application Closing Date