Steward at Four Points by Sheraton - Marriott International
Marriott International is a leading global Lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
Marriott has more than 361,000 people working worldwide at managed or franchised properties and corporate offices. Marriott has been consistently recognized as a top employer and for its superior business ethics. The company also manages the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards® and The Ritz-Carlton Rewards® program, which together surpass 49M members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Steward
Job Number: 22100834
Location: Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
Brand: Four Points
Position Type Non-Management
Located Remotely? N
- Operate and maintain cleaning equipment and tools, including the dish washing machine, hand wash stations pot-scrubbing station, and trash compactor.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen and store room areas, tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Receive deliveries, store perishables properly, and rotate stock.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Protect company assets. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors
- Ensure clean wares are stored in appropriate areas. Use detergent, rinsing, and sanitizing chemicals in the 3-compartment sink to clean dishes. Inspect, pull, and stack cleaned items, send soiled items back for re-scrubbing and re-washing. Rack and spray all racked items with hot water to loosen and remove food residue.
- Sort, soak, and wash/re-wash silverware. Breakdown dirty bus tubs. Empty and maintain trashcans and dumpster area. Clean and mop all areas in assigned departments.
- Dispose of glass in the proper containers. Break down cardboard boxes and place them and other recyclables in the recycle bin.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply