Mutual Benefits Assurance Plc (MUTUAL), has evolved into a conglomerate consisting of value-adding companies with diverse interests in various sectors of the Nigerian economy through investments, strategic alliances and partnerships. Today, MUTUAL is a leading brand in the Nigerian Insurance industry and well-capitalized with a team of highly trained professionals, a respectable Board and access to the International Insurance Market.
MUTUAL is the flagship of insurance in Liberia and also runs a full-fledged insurance operation in Republic of Niger, where we commenced business in January, 2014. At MUTUAL, we pride ourselves in delivering excellent services to all our stakeholders.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
Reporting to: Head, ICT
- As a Software Developer on our team you’ll be a critical player contributing to the success of our Software systems / database design, installation, testing and maintenance.
- This is a great opportunity for someone interested in learning about and supporting a variety of enterprise applications as we innovate.
- Work with the Head, ICT and other developers in delivering on the technical goals and designs of projects including the design of algorithms and flowcharts
- Integrate software components and third-party programs
- Verify and deploy programs and systems
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate user feedback
- Recommend and execute improvements
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting
- Provide subject-matter expertise, customer advocacy, and analysis through all phases of the development life-cycle
- Develop, Implement, and Support software products and solutions that integrate with in-house and third-party systems
- Aid relevant functional teams by identifying requirements and improvements to architectural design of new / existing applications
- Provide support to internal stakeholders in the conversion of individual client business requirements into software functionality
- Deliver and document complete, tested, and high quality code while ensuring sound design, process and quality practices are followed based on specifications
- Build strong working relationships with cross-functional groups and communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders
- Periodic support in the evaluation, implementation and documentation of new software development
- Contribute to creation and / or documentation of software development processes, practices and operations to ensure reproducible development and high quality
- Communicate effectively well with internal / external parties
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
- Industry experience in Insurance or Financial Services is an Advantage.
- Knowledge of Secure Software Development Methodologies
- Minimum of 2 years of programming experience with Windows .NET framework, C#, Java, Python,PHP, VB, PLSQL, TSQL. etc.
- Knowledge of SOAP, REST, Web Services, DLLs etc.
- Experience working with Databases such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle Database 11g, 12. and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) frameworks (e.g. Hibernate)
- Mobile development experience on Android and IOS.
- Experience working with Web servers IIS, Apache, WebLogic etc.
- Practical experience of development with an Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Experience in insurance software developments will be an advantage
- Certification in Microsoft and Oracle
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- Open to new ideas and methods and interest in technology trends to support modernization while ensuring reproducible development and high quality
- High integrity and honesty, promoting trust in all actions
- Strong knowledge and experience of e-commerce and project management is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online