We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Location : Rivers
- The successful candidate would provide Company with value of work done management services including preparation of work pack, materials and labour estimating, quality of work done monitoring, etc., to aid management in the implementation of output based service pricing models, minimize successful contractual claims, achieve value for money, contribute to company’s good corporate image, meet contract objectives and ultimately contribute to achievement of Cost Leadership in the management of Maintenance Services Contracts (MSC).
- Verify value of work done and confirm work completion to standard requirement for invoicing purposes.
- Prepare a Client specific library of unit rates, in order to achieve better controls in managing contractor performance and generate value improvements through increased transparency in efficiency and productivity.
- Independently identify and use the best indicators for each performance aspect, the sources of data, and how to collect data. Execute efficiency, productivity, quantity and ‘day in the life of’ surveys to calculate norms and standards for mechanical, electrical and civil maintenance disciplines;
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of time materials, labour and equipment for (field) mechanical, workshop, fabrication, vehicle maintenance, lighting, scaffolding, insulation, painting, etc., to be used as input for the calculation of unit rates and other estimates in the Client’s contracts. Initially, main focus is on the integrated maintenance services contract that primarily serves the Client’s plant maintenance.
- Prepare a selected library of unit rates with specific relevance for the Client, through efficiency and productivity surveys and CMMS data analysis. Compare results with other site’s schedule of norms to correlate and extrapolate a full set of unit rates, tailored to the Client’s productivity and efficiency ratios.
- Enable better controls in managing contractor performance and generate value improvements through increased transparency in efficiency and productivity.
- Develop, implement, run and maintain a unit rate calculation tool including training of users; Building the required structures and networks with the maintenance departments, CPM and contractor(s).
- Influencing behavior across contract users in order to improve the right use of contract rates, and improve the transparency of contractor’s quotations.
- Advise Maintenance coordinators and engineers on management and recording of variations. Assess, negotiate and agree valuation of variations. Advise in respect of raising financial commitments and obtaining authorities for variations.
- Assist in the preparation of tender assessment models for term contracts and assist contract owners in technical and commercial evaluation of tenders.
- Provide initial unit rate figures for the preparation of the maintenance contracts tender and assist with negotiations with the contractor about quotations and unit rates implementation.
- Assist the S/D coordinators and cost controller in the preparation of S/D estimates (±30% to ±3%); Give support to the maintenance and S/D planners, engineers and cost controller by checking calculations and enhance the (future) use of unit rates in the preparation of cost estimates and budgets
- Report and advise on potential for cost savings, method improvements and manpower efficiency for discussion and realisation with the contractor(s) in order to further improve cost performance;
The right candidate should possess the following:
- A University degree in Quantity Surveying, Membership of any relevant professional body will be an added advantage or A University degree in Engineering.
- 3 – 5 years’ post-graduation experience, 2 of which should have been in quantity surveying, work preparation and cost monitoring in an oil or gas industry.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online