- Company: Plan International
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Abuja Jobs
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: - Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in NigeriaPlan International Jobs in Nigeria
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: People and Culture Intern
- The internship programme in Plan International Nigeria provides on-the-job training in program management, research and data gathering skills, communication, people skills, and work ethics.
- It enhances the educational experience through practical and guided hands-on exposure and involvement in Plan Nigeria’s development projects as well as providing exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of Plan Nigeria’s goals and activities.
Dimensions of the Role
- Reports to People & Culture Officer
- Programme, Logistics and Finance Departments: collaboration, coordination, and exchange of information.
- Support human resource management processes for Plan International Nigeria
- Support with the implementation and ensure adherence to HR policy and practices that are consistent with global policy and compliant with local statutory and legislative requirements that prevent organizational conflicts.
- Support in the update and maintenance of all employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Support in the management of Monthly timesheet requests: submission, collection and verification for the P&C unit
- Provide support with the provision of audit documents
- Manage all Adhoc staff recruitments
- Maintain proper and up–to–date records of all Adhoc staff
- Take minutes of meetings and assist in the elaboration of papers, powerpoint presentations and analytical contributions, as well as other products and tools that will facilitate human resource management activities in the organisation
- Follow up with staff to ensure everyone has up-to-date signed payslips
- Other tasks/duties as required.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other related tasks as required and be responsible for reporting and communicating of progress and achievement of the specific assigned task
- Maintenance of high technical standards.
- Conduct all duties in a professional manner following Plan International Nigeria staff regulations, values and codes of conduct.
Technical Expertise, Skills and Knowledge
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or any related field.
- Less than one-year post-NYSC working experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigerian Labour and employment laws
- Demonstrated interest in the field of development and Human Resource Management in International aid organisation
- Language skills; written and spoken proficiency in English and preferably a command of the local language.
- Internet proficiency, as well as proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), is required.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate and maintain diplomatic and productive relations with the team; resourcefulness, flexibility and ability to work in a changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to interpret, analyse and explain the official employment regulation framework.
- Possess positive attitude, Demonstrated integrity, confidentiality and approachability.
Application Closing Date
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here Note
- Plan International Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender or disabilities.
- Plan International Nigeria is fully committed to child protection to prevent children from all forms of abuse.
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted