Packaging Engineer at Golden Sugar Company Limited - Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc - Our subsidiary, Golden Sugar Company Limited is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Packaging Engineer
Purpose of the Job
- The Primary Responsibility of the Packaging Engineer is to improve the efficiency, safety and quality of the packaging Equipment (Small packs - Form and Fill Cubeline lines) in the finished product department by implementing proper maintenance processes.
- The Engineer manages project in the packaging department.
- Utilize predictive maintenance tools for vibration, ultrasonic, infrared, oil analysis, etc.
- Implement a reliability and preventative program in Packaging Station.
- Interpret data and recommend countermeasures.
- Originate concepts for new and existing packaging equipment, including support equipment such as conveying, robotics, instrumentation, weight control, and quality systems.
- Manage and engineer approved projects through to completion.
- Projects will cover a diverse range both in scope and area.
- Effectively communicate ideas and concepts to peers, subordinates and leadership within the organization and across organizational lines.
- Improve the manufacturability of products and packaging equipment.
- Work with operations on continuous improvement of packaging lines and equipment. This is a hands-on engineering role.
- Troubleshoots and improves new and existing equipment.
- Partners with operations to gather data to identify root causes and solutions to production problems.
- B.Sc / HND in Mechatronics
- 5 years cognate experience
- Strong Mechanical experience on Packing Lines will be an added advantage
- Fundamental understanding of electrical design, control systems integration, electro-mechanical drive systems and safety.
The Person Must:
- Be proficient in oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Possess excellent leadership capabilities.
- Have strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply