Operations & Settlement Associate Officer at Tongston Entrepreneurship Holdings
Tongston Entrepreneurship Group (Tongston) is an award winning leading unique pan-African group connecting entrepreneurship and education to reposition economies to achieve sustainable growth and development through its holding company: Tongston Holdings and its 4 integrated subsidiaries: Tongston College | Tongston Institute | Tongston Ventures | Tongston Media.
Tongston is driving a revolution in education through its proprietary entrepreneurial development model delivered in the Tongston entrepreneurial ecosystem operating across the Education Value Chain from primary, to secondary, tertiary and post-tertiary (workplace, government or enterprise) & Entrepreneurship Value Chain from finance (Tongston Ventures) to education (Tongston College and Institute) and media (Tongston Media).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations & Settlement Associate Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
About the Role
- The Operations and Settlement function is responsible for assisting with the preparation of financial statements, maintaining cash controls, supervising and managing payroll with close liaison with the Admin and HR function, approving and settling expenses claim, cash advance etc. maintaining accounts payable, managing the Group of Companies income and expenditure, producing the organization’s budget, liaising with the Business Development, Stakeholder Management and Strategy team to produce the Company’s annual report, liaising with auditors to audit the Company’s accounts and file returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- The function would administer and monitor the financial system in order to ensure that the Company finances are maintained in an accurate, transparent and timely manner, and support financial planning, modelling and forecasting.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the disbursement of funds for all activities and other general administrative functions of the Company
- Manage and supervise the payments & Settlements of all transactions in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets and consolidation and reporting to the Company
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with IFRS and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting
- Manage financial controls and accounting procedures
- Review, Approve and Pay expenses claim, business requirements, cash advances, minimum cash balance and other expenditures
- Manage requests for extra-budgetary expense
- Manage annual audit process with auditors and file annual returns with the Corporate Affairs Commission
- Manage maintenance of transaction records and documents; create an archival system for easy retrieval of company accounts and financial, income and expenditure information, files and records of the Group of Companies.
- Maintain speed and accuracy of billings and client payments
- Coordinate and produce all tax documentation
- Perform risk management by analyzing the Company’s liabilities and investments
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Implement and update financial policies and procedures following board approval
- Reconcile the general ledger
- Prepare and reconcile financial statements
- Establish and maintain vendor accounts and relationships
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline preferably in the Management Sciences and quantitative Degrees (e.g. Statistics, Accounting, Finance, Mathematics)
- Additional qualification such as ACCA or ICANis a requirement where the bachelor’s degree is not in the preferred courses above
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience with Microsoft Powerpoint and Word is also required.
The candidate should demonstrate competence in all of the following:
- Financial Planning and Strategy
- Managing Profitability
- Strategic Planning and Vision
- Effective Communication
- Organizational skills
- Problem solving
- Strategy skills.
- Process Improvement
- Developing Budgets
- Managing processes
- Dealing with Complexity
- Understanding ethical business practices and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Building Relationships
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Note: Shortlisted Candidates will be invited to a series of competency-based tests, interviews and assessment centres
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2021.