We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Reports to: The General Service Manager
General Objective / Purpose of Job
- To ensure accurate maintenance of the Company’s Books of Accounts and the timely rendition of financial information and reports to Management
- To ensure compliance to financial systems, policies and procedures within which the company operates or as established and prompt / adequate steps taken to attend to known deviations or weaknesses
Principal Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Prepare Outlets books of accounts, including General ledger, Trial Balance and Balance Sheet
- Prepare Outlet Budget
- Constantly review the Budget to ensure budgetary discipline is maintained
- Monitors stock in the Outlet and ensures all stock items in the monthly inventory are properly valued
- Keep accounts for individual warehouse Trade and Sundry Creditors and Debtors and ensures that balances agree with general ledger
- Reconciliation of accounting statements and proper documentation
- Monitor Cashiers to ensure proper accountability
- Prepare monthly details of lodgments and send to the Group Finance Manager
- Monitor Petty Cash and ensure all payments are properly coded and correctly posted and that monthly balances are in agreement with general ledger
- Attend to the company’s payment procedure to ensure that payment documents are properly scrutinized and that valid payments are timely made and recorded in the company Books of Accounts.
- Ensure that procedures for all Financial Data capture and entry into the computerized accounting system including authorization are followed as laid down to ensure authenticity and completeness of accounting information.
- Attend to internal control issues to ensure that activities within the department comply with laid down systems and procedures and deviations promptly noted and attended to
- Carry out Ad – hoc review of these systems and procedures and brings areas of improvement to Management attention
- Ensure proper control on Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- Ensures accurate timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and Annual Balance Sheets, Profit and Loss Accounts and various other periodical reports needed to enhance effectiveness and efficient Management decision making
- B.Sc /HND in Accountancy or related disciplines
- Zero – Two years relevant work experience.
- High attention to detail, excellent analytical skill and problem-solving skill.
- Sound independent judgment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills (Microsoft office packages, Sage, e.t.c)
- Ability to work on large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Conversant with the preparation of accounting books in line with IFRS standard
Job Title: Deputy General Service Manager II
Reports to: The General Service Manager
Summary Job Descriptions
- Coordination of all equipment and maintenance work ranging from power generators, water treatment plants, kitchen equipment, electrical and electronic systems, to plumbing and sewage systems, refrigeration and air-conditioning systems, cold rooms, e.t.c
- ‘HANDS ON’ engineering, rectifying faulty equipment and machinery
- Identification of problems and solving same.
- Manage a team of technicians of various fields, training the technicians when there is identified competency gap.
- Manage good relations with the general service department and clientele
- Preparation of monthly reports and other administrative duties
- Work on departmental budget and presentation of same in clear concise format
- Management and administration of the general service department
- All other duties as assigned by the General service Manager.
- B.Sc B.Eng/ HND in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 7 years progressive relevant experience, 2 years in Managerial capacity,
- Must have a robust knowledge and hands on experience on various equipments and machinery
- Ability to handle high voltage panels
- Ability to work on control systems
- Ability to work on kitchen equipments
- Ability to work on refrigeration and air-conditioning systems
- Must have good interpersonal relations skill, relating with other co-workers
- Ability to trouble shoot and solve challenges
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and must have the ability to multi task.
- Must be computer literate
Deadline: 30th November, 2019
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the “Job Title” as subject of the email.