Havenhill Synergy Limited a clean-tech utility company that uses Solar Energy to generate clean, safe, cost-effective and sustainable electricity in rural and urban Nigeria. Havenhill is set to scale up her “end blackout” projects in rural communities by establishing several solar hybrid mini-grids and developing significant footprints in the commercial and industrial space.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Technician – OGTI Clean Energy Leadership Program
Function: Engineering (Non-Software)
Industry: Energy & Utilities
Job Type: Full time
- In this role, you are expected to support the technical team on installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of solar systems.
- You must ensure that you professionally provide quality service to increase customer satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Technical Supervisor/Associate on large installation projects;
- Perform testing, troubleshooting, and repair of electrical systems and solar equipment;
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of all products, and the products of third-party suppliers;
- Provide progress reporting to Technical Supervisor for all projects being undertaken;
- Assist in providing remote/on-site guidance and support to distribution partner;
- Provide assistance in interpreting the solar panel installation plans, mapping out the steps of the installation and where all of the components will be installed;
- Assist in doing any and all electrical works needed to connect solar systems to electric grid. This includes proper grounding systems, controls and all test necessary;
- Recognize and diagnose faults on electrical equipment or systems, which may involve complex interlocking, interrelated circuits, integrated systems and complex sequencing;
- Understanding of general workplace safety and the ability to follow safety standards, as well as help the company improve upon the standards in place;
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required;
Qualifications / Skills Required
- Master's degree / Bachelor's degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or Solar Energy or any related field;
- 0-2 year Technician experience in Renewable Solar Energy Industry;
- Understand Solar Systems and Technology;
- Hands-on experience and understanding of electronic system and components: AC – DC, Power supply, loads, inverters and transformers;
- Understand fieldwork and installations;
- Proficient with basic computer software and online platforms (Word, Excel, Dropbox, Outlook/Email);
- Available for 100% travel and work out of town in remote locations for extended periods of time;
- Comfortable working with heights and lifting heavy objects;
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English language(written and verbal);
- Great team spirit
- Maintain high level of autonomy
- High level of speed and accuracy
- Be innovative and have great attention to details
- Interest in renewable energy
- Understanding of fieldwork and installations
- Technician experience in Renewable Solar Energy Industry.
Application Closing Date
26th November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online