AA Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. As a large and visible development organisation, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America. Our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development and working through partnerships with the poor and other grass root organisations.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer
Contract: Long term
Responsible to: Finance Manager (Partnership)
Line Management: None
- The post holder will ensure maintenance of adequate financial integrity in supporting quality and timely data input for generation of financial reports, review and analyze accounting ledgers
- S/he will also contribute to strengthening the internal control and accounting systems of ActionAid Nigeria and partner organizations.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reports as required by the project
- Attend to project specific internal/external audit
- Work with the Finance Manager on the financial planning processes of the long term (three-year planning) and short term (annual budgeting) plans that feed into the National Plans.
- Work with other members of the project team in planning and forecasting
- Follow through ActionAid Nigeria communication procedures with donor and implementing partners
- Strictly adhere to AA Nigeria policies and procedures and observance with agreement or donor Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)
- Support Implementing partners organisations’ grant management process
- Provide organizational development support to Implementing partner organisations
- Support capacity assessment, financial and accounting processes review, and prepare reports on partner organizations as may be assigned by the Finance ManagerPartnership
- Provide financial support to fundraising and proposal writing for the organisation
- Monitor and review staff advances, retirements, and post hold journals
- Responsible for reconciliation of projects, bank accounts and other assigned ledgers
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager and Management.
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: All AAN staff
- External: AAN Partners and other stakeholders.
- First Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Relevant accounting professional certification
- At least three (3) years post NYSC experience, which should have been spent in a finance position.
- Experience in implementing financial control systems
- Development sector experience as a finance person.
- Sound Practical Knowledge of any accounting software and Spreadsheets
- Ability to work well with or without supervision
- Ability to interface effectively with other members of staff and solve problems using own initiative
- Knowledge of SUN accounting software is an added advantage
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- High sense of integrity
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and location e.g Finance Officer – Abuja as the subject of the mail.
Job Title: Programme Coordinator, Migration
Contract: Long term
Reporting to: Manager, Humanitarian and Resilience
Line Management: None
- The Programme Coordinator will coordinate the implementation and effective monitoring of the Migration project in Edo State
- S/he will provide programme specific support to the various livelihood and migration initiatives of the project and work as an interface between ActionAid Nigeria and the project implementing partners.
- Assist in the development of and be responsible for the effective monitoring of Project objectives and its implementation.
- Develop systems and manage the process of timely project and other reporting, including following up on internal and external reports and ensuring compliance with Terms of Reference and consultancies.
- Develop and facilitate migration content development & media relations including social media.
- Develop and support research methodologies, baselines and end lines on the project.
- Contribute to the wider development of Migration policy & practices; and lead relationships on these issues with other organisations in the sector.
- Work with the Project Accountant and Manager, Humanitarian & Resilience for financial planning, monitoring and review of Migration project work.
- Maintain positive external relationships with the relevant donors
- Ensure the annual, monthly and quarterly work plans are developed in accordance with ongoing activities and plans for the year.
- Monitor progress and ensure timely implementation of planned activities, especially those that feed into the work of other staff and partners.
- Facilitate sensitization, mobilisation and advocacy campaigns from the National, State and Local levels.
- Facilitate and support relevant capacity needs as identified from Migration project.
- Ensure the implementation of AAN methodologies at the community and states’ level
- Support beneficiaries with capacity building on income generation and conflict management while linking them with duty bearers.
- Develop training modules and facilitate trainings of groups and co-operatives on conflict prevention and management, irregular migration, participatory vulnerability analysis, early warning systems resilience, access to credits and farming techniques
- Support community visits of partner organisations, donor and partners on the project
- Support system strengthening of partner organisational development
- Develop and support reintegration processes for survivals of insurgency
- Provide mentoring support to groups and partner organisations on conflict and livelihood
- Facilitate the setting up of community structures to ensure value for money of physical projects in communities by setting up or strengthening relevant community management structures and ensure their sustainability in very close collaboration with partners
Communication and Reporting:
- Managing external communications including handling queries and issues on a timely and appropriate basis.
- Ensure partner organisations/associations have a formal internal communication channels in place
- Facilitate communication between partner organisations and units within AAN
- Set up effective communication mechanisms from community to AAN; other partners or other relevant stakeholders including security agents and other MDAs.
- Review partners’ reports and ensure compliance to required formats and timelines
- Work with relevant units to ensure implementation of planned activities
- Ensure adequate and effective documentation of all reports within the unit
- Ensure reports to donor are shared with unit manager and the Director of Programmes well ahead of due dates.
- Monitor and support partners to develop financial and accountability systems
- Support partner organisations/associations in developing periodic/annual plans and budgets
- Review, process and monitor partner organisations’ grants
- Facilitate the financial processes for service providers engaged by the unit
- Actively participate in developing budgets for the migration project in accordance with AA financial guidelines.
- Participate in any programme, procedure or strategy to enhance the goals and objectives of AAN Migration and Humanitarian & Resilience work.
- Assume any other responsibilities relevant to the position as assigned by line manager
Internal Relationships: AAN team
- External Relationships: Partners, Donors, CSOs and relevant government agencies.
- First Degree in Social Sciences or Arts/Humanities
- Membership of relevant professional Institute
- Master’s Degree in relevant discipline.
- At least 7 (seven) years’ post NYSC experience
- Four years’ experience in the similar position in the development sector
- Experience in community mobilization
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Experience working on migration and livelihood issue.
- Experience working on a conflict project and intervening at community levels.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong communication & writing skills
- Computer skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office
- Ability to implement data management systems
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Highly numerate
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Excellent (proven) interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with youth, women groups and persons with disabilities.
- Team player, a person of integrity
- Creative and takes initiative.
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Proven leadership Qualities
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times.
- Self motivated person able to work with minimum supervision
- Effectively promote AAN’s mission values, and objectives.
Deadline: 21st October, 2019.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should download, complete the Application Form below and send it together with their Applications in an MS Word attachment to: Vacancy.Nigeria@actionaid.org using the Job Title and location e.g Programme Coordinator, Migration – Benin as the subject of the mail.
- Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
- ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women and candidates from the North East and North West are particularly encouraged.
- While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.