- Company: CMA CGM Group
- Location: Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
CMA CGM Group – Led by Rodolphe Saadé, the CMA CGM Group is a world leader in shipping and logistics. Its 566 vessels serve more than 420 ports around the world, on all five continents. In 2020, they transported nearly 21 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent units) containers. With CEVA Logistics, a world leader in logistics services, CMA CGM handles 400,000 tons of airfreight and 2.8 million tons of inland freight every year.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering Terminal
About the Job
- CMA Terminals Nigeria is looking for a highly qualified Engineering Director who will be responsible for the maintenance & repair of all equipment and associated facilities and utilities in the Terminal to ensure that management and operational priorities are met.
- The role also has responsibility for providing engineering support for all projects associated with the terminal operation.
- Set up the organization of the Engineering department
- Hire, manage and control a multi-discipline workforce responsible for the maintenance and repair of container cranes, handling equipment, facilities and utilities.
- Definition of the maintenance processes and procedures to manage maintenance dpt in cooperation with HSSE, Operations and the external suppliers.
- Implement and manage a preventive maintenance plan for all terminal assets according to international standards
- Set Up of the maintenance workshop and necessary tools
- Organize and supervise the delivery, commissioning and final acceptance of all Container Handling Equipment
- Organize the training of the Engineering personnel
- Implement and maintain a Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Organize and optimize the equipment servicing (refueling, tyre pressure monitoring, tyre repairs, washing, etc.).
- Ensure that resources are utilized efficiently and effectively in order to meet company targets in respect of equipment availability, reliability and maintenance costs.
- Ensure that work is performed to the highest international standards to meet operational requirements.
- Implement and follow up KPIs to control engineering performances.
- Manage the warranty claims.
- Manage the store and implement an appropriate stock policy.
- Prepare Opex and Capex budget and control Engineering expenses
- Coordinate works between civil works main contractor and terminal operations
- Responsible for procurement for Engineering
- Cooperate in the definition of the investment plans
- Set up and manage Engineering contracts .
- Implement projects to improve equipment operational efficiency and running costs.
- Ensure that work is carried out safely and according to company and port regulations.
- Candidate shall be experienced and strong leader with assertiveness, high energy, deep sense of responsibility and excellent interpersonal skills.
Required Competencies and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar
- At least 15 years hands-on Engineering Management experience at a senior level,
- 2 years experience minimum in the maintenance of container handling equipment (Ship to Shore cranes, RTG, stackers)
- Experience in a Container Terminal is essential.
- Customer focused with a good understanding of how the Engineering function should contribute to the viability of the business.
- Excellent planning and management skills – you must be able to lead a diverse team and achieve high levels of operational efficiency with minimum equipment downtime.
- Excellent communication skills in English and able to manage effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Teamwork skills
- Fast decision making.
Application Closing Date