Finance and Administrative Specialist, Nigeria Monitoring Project Job at Management Systems International
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Administrative Specialist, Nigeria Monitoring Project
- The purpose of the Nigeria Monitoring Project (NMP) is to establish a third-party monitoring system to monitor, verify, and analyze trends on humanitarian programs in Nigeria funded by USAID’s Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA) and the Office of Food for Peace (FFP).
- The program will create an independent and verifiable monitoring mechanism for OFDA and FFP programs in Nigeria that will increase OFDA, FFP, and their partners’ understanding of the outputs, outcomes, processes, progress, quality, challenges, achievements, and lessons learned of their projects.
- The information and findings will be critical in ensuring program learning, program accountability, and beneficiary accountability, which will be useful for real time programmatic adjustments and future program design.
- The Finance and Operations Manager will be the primary focal point for all financial and administrative matters. S/he will be responsible for financial management, accounting, human resources, procurement, logistics and administration of both the project headquarters office and the remote field office.
- S/he will report to the Chief of Party and work full-time at MSI’s project headquarters office in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Please note: Only Nigerian citizens are eligible for this position **
- Oversee all project financial transactions, including deposits, receipts and vouchers for payment disbursements.
- Train project staff to ensure of 100% compliance with USAID and MSI policies and regulations.
- Develop monthly cash projections of project financial needs for procurement, support of project activities, staff payroll, subcontract/vendor payments, maintenance and repair services, staff travel, and on-hand cash requirements.
- Prepare monthly financial expense reports and cash and bank reconciliation statements.
- Serve as the focal point for project banking matters.
- Analyze and prepare financial and administrative reports as required by the Chief of Party and MSI home office.
- Oversee human resources management in compliance with local laws and practices.
- Support project recruitment, hiring and personnel management in accordance with MSI policies, USAID regulations, local laws, and the Nigeria Monitoring Project Personnel Manual.
- Prepare, maintain and ensure the security of all employee files.
- Manage the tracking of employee leave balances, performance review calendars and recall/contact rosters.
- Manage issuance of local labor benefits approved by the project, under the supervision of the Chief of Party.
Procurement and Logistics:
- Support all project procurement requirements, including the selection of and negotiation with vendors and the management of subcontractors on the project in coordination with MSI home office.
- Ensure all procurements are conducted in compliance with MSI and USAID rules and regulations (AIDAR & FAR).
- Maintain and regularly update the NMP inventory list to ensure all property is well-maintained, accounted for and properly serialized.
- Review and verify Purchase Request Forms (PRFs) and Purchase Orders (POs), ensuring purchases are allocable, adequate funding is available, expenses are authorized, supporting documentation is captured and recorded, expense totals are accurately recorded, and all payments are controlled/recorded.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Finance, Accounting or relevant field.
- Demonstrated and proficient experience using Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks.
- Familiarity with FAR and USAID regulations, particularly related to procurements.
- Previous experience working on USAID-funded projects strongly preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills required.
- The candidate will have strong organizational skills, ability to interact effectively with international and national staff, vendors, subcontractors and clients.
- He/she will possess strong English language verbal and written communication and translation skills and will be a solid team player. He/she will possess a demonstrated ability to multi-task, be a strategic thinker and operate with genuine dedication to program support.
Application Closing Date
2nd June, 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.