- Company: Cam Dairy Foods Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Production Jobs in Nigeria
Cam is a Nigerian dairy company that aggregates raw milk from settled pastoralist communities and processes it into nutritious dairy products.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Factory Hygienist
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting lines: Reports to the Factory Manager and the CEO.
- Responsible for maintaining components of the Food Safety Management System by establishing, maintaining, and coaching the building blocks of hygiene and food safety concepts within the factory.
- Define, implement, and verify the effectiveness of the prerequisite programmes related to Hygiene; including, but not limited to, Zoning; Pest Control; Cleaning Validation & Verification; Pathogen Monitoring; Foreign Body prevention; Hygiene & Housekeeping.
- Support Production teams in ensuring GMP standards are adhered to. Own the site’s GMP improvement list and prioritise the areas in which the GMP budget will be spent.
- Support engineering projects by conducting risk assessments and providing advice about cleanability, hygienic design, and site standards on equipment design and plant layout.
- Support the Maintenance and Industrial Services teams and service providers by providing technical support for programs such as contamination risks from maintenance activities; closed water loop compliance etc.
- Participate in the factory’s internal audit programme. Lead GMP audit completion.
- Participation in HACCP reviews
- Ensure the performance of structured root cause analysis after incidents related to hygiene failures have occurred.
- Own and deliver training related to housekeeping and hygiene, as required.
- Tertiary qualification in Food Sciences / Microbiology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role in the food manufacturing environment.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Excel, Outlook and SAP).
- Have excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills and a proven capacity to influence and negotiate to drive high standards of quality
Skills & Attributes:
- Strong relationship building skills
- Persuasive, and encouraging communication style that enables others to embrace continuous improvement mentality
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge/understanding of LEAN/Six Sigma, Pests and Pest Control will be highly beneficial and advantageous for this role.
Application Closing Date
31st October, 2021.