- Company: Ultimus Holdings
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Nigeria
Ultimus Holdings is a global investment company with the sole purpose of contributing to the sustainable development of African economies. Our investing deployment is broad-based and long-term. We specifically invest in sectors that demonstrate growth; leveraging our sector expertise in ensuring we become market leaders in all operational portfolios.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This position is responsible for the design, installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of electrical equipment/systems.
- The ideal candidate is responsible for overseeing the electrical services during the design and construction phase and liaising with the consultants.
- Ensuring that the designs are compliant with the specifications and standards for architectural and structural elements of the facility.
- Developing integrated electrical designs of buildings, renovations, or restorations from conception through to completion and performing supporting calculations for the planned work;
- Assist in the supervision of project team; scheduling, coordinating and monitoring assigned projects and conducting on-site investigations and analysing data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and others)
- Reviewing of all electrical documents for quality control evaluations
- Managing sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical drawings, layout, panels, facilities, components, equipment, systems, power distribution, and cable laying for the company
- Ensuring that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements by preparing electrical systems specifications, technical drawings and designs
- Establishing construction installation standards or specifications by performing a wide range of detailed calculations for electrical installation.
- Writing reports and compiling data regarding existing and potential electrical engineering projects. Preparing specifications for purchases of electrical equipment and materials.
- Supervising or training project team members.
- Meeting construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances, and implementing corrective actions as approved by the Project director
- Working with contractors, surveyors, and building service engineers to create a construction schedule and bring the electrical designs to fruition
- Monitoring performance of technicians and sub-contractors
- Visiting proposed locations and building sites
- Resolving issues that come up during construction
- Participating in project management throughout the construction
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems;
- Meeting with construction professionals and clients to discuss the feasibility of designs;
Job Experience / Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Electrical Engineering Professional
- Possession of COREN certification is an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years and above
- Must be able to use a drawing tool such as AutoCAD, ETAP, REVIT
- Must have expertise in the construction industry (Design and Build)
- Must be able to interpret architectural drawings.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.