Egbin Power Plc Lagos is one of the biggest additions to the electricity industry in Nigeria. Often seen as the biggest single generating power station in Sub-Saharan Africa, it was built to meet the ever-rising demand for electricity in Lagos and its environs.
Following the nation’s privatization exercise, Sahara, through its power division, Sahara Power Group, and sundry affiliations, acquired the 1320 MW installed capacity Egbin Power Plant. We are working towards deploying a minimum of 5,000 MW of electricity generation over the next five years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store Inventory Officer
Ijede, Ikorodu, Lagos State
Job type: Full Time
- Responsible for receiving, inspecting technical spare materials and preservation to ensure they are in good condition.
- Receive and issue technical store items after ensuring proper and adequate documentation
- Maintain a catalog of goods in stock, their description, and location to facilitate easy retrieval
- Forecast inventory demand and maintain adequate inventory level at all times
- Periodic physical inspection of materials in store
- Maintenance of stores inventories to ensure they are in good condition
- Partner with relevant stakeholders to ensure the right preservant is applied to materials
- Conduct regular stock inventory of technical materials that are out of stock and prepare periodic activity reports for Head Store
- Provide regular reports/updates as required for management attention
- File documents and correspondence and maintain the security of documents pertaining to requisition, procurement, etc
- Testing and comparison with specifications mentioned in the Purchase order
- Ensure safe custody of technical materials in store
- Notify stores manager of stock materials and materials below minimum stock
- Coordination with custody, risk management, and codification groups in stores
- Ensure thorough inspection of received, stored & dispatched goods to avoid discrepancies
- Develop unique strategies for and coordinate inspection of goods delivered to prevent discrepancies
- Identify visibly damaged materials on receipt and follow laid down policies in reporting/treating such
- Obtain necessary sign-offs on delivery documents from delivery personnel/suppliers as acknowledgement of receipt
- Prepare appropriate space and location for the receipt of stock
Education and Work Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Supply Chain Management discipline.
- 0 – 2 years of relevant work experience in a relevant position
Skills and Competencies:
- Knowledge of inventory valuation and management tools, concepts, and techniques
- Working knowledge of technical materials and tools
- Strong technical knowledge of mechanical store
- Knowledge of insurance and claim procedures
- Knowledge of material accounting systems
- Understanding of vigilance policies and procedures for scrap management
- Knowledge of other store functions.
- Knowledge of material handling and preservations
- Must have worked or currently working in a technical store
- Knowledge of inspection plans and techniques
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 7th December, 2021.