- Company: Cozym Process Systems (CPS) Limited
- Location: Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category:
Cozym Process Systems (CPS) is a family of young and talented Engineers, Consultants and Technocrats, with tentacles embedded in a diverse range of engineering professions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical/Piping Engineer
- As a Mechanical engineer the incumbent will oversee static and piping engineering developments during the detail design, construction and commissioning phases of projects.
- Member of Project team as Mechanical Engineer, reporting to the Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Provide Static equipment and piping expertise to the Project from Detailed Engineering, Procurement, Installation & Commissioning phases.
- Safeguard Company technical & contractual interests with respect to all Static and Piping Engineering and Procurement activities.
- Participate in all key design, operability and maintainability reviews (Design Review, HAZOP, PDMS Model Reviews, Mechanical Handling Study etc.) and ensure timely close out of all review action items related to mechanical engineering.
- Review and approve technical specification during Detailed Design & Procurement contract. Ensure that the Engineering and Operations & Maintenance aspects of the Project requirements are reflected in the Detailed Design & Procurement Contract enquiry specification.
- Perform visits to project construction sites during the design, construction and commissioning phases to provide support.
- Pipe erection along with pipe support fabrication and erection.
- Reviewing design layout drawings, isometric drawing, and P&IDs and preparing scope for installation work packs.
- Preparation of Bill of material and execute the pipe spool fabrication as per isometric drawings.
- Conducting pressure test (Hydro & Pneumatic) as per Isometric drawings.
- Responsible for the site fabrication, testing, commissioning of on-plot pipe work.
- Preparing Piping Fit up Alignment Reports.
- Coordinating Third party inspections.
- Ensure safe work handling & Scheduled safety instruction.
Requirements, Skills & Experience
- The position warrants a professional & dedicated mature mechanical/piping discipline engineer with a degree in mechanical engineering or similar qualification,
- Relevant work experience in the Oil & Gas, and thermal/steam Industry.
- The candidate shall be able to work on technical details, have versatile static /piping engineering knowledge in Oil& gas field.
- Must have FEED and DD engineering experiences in addition to construction engineering
- Inspection and maintenance experience in static/piping/valves will be strongly favoured.
- Conversant with relevant international codes, Group procedures and standards.
- Hands on experience with AutoCad, PDMS, CAESER II, AutoPipe etc.
- Conversant with international standards such as ASME, API, NFPA, BS etc as applied to mechanical and piping engineering.
- Must be able to interpret process and instrumentation drawings.
- Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
- A Mechanical/Chemical/Petroleum Engineering Degree.
Application Closing Date
30th October, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org