- Company: Ultimus Holdings
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type:
- Job category: No Categories
Ultimus Holdings is a global investment company with the sole purpose of contributing to the sustainable development of African economies. Our investing deployment is broad-based and long-term. We specifically invest is sectors that demonstrates growth; leveraging our sector expertise in ensuring we become market leaders in all operational portfolios.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil Engineer
Employment Type: Full-time
Specialisation: Civil Engineer, Structural Engineer, Engineering, Construction, Real Estate/Property Management
- You will provide all reasonable forms of assistance including but not limited to project leadership and technical documentation, concept ideation, project coordination, construction administration phase documents etc for the Project Director.
- You will be responsible for leading the production of schematic design, design development and construction documents.
- Developing integrated structural designs of buildings, renovations, or restorations from conception through to completion and performing supporting calculations for the planned work.
- Supervision of project team.
- Reviewing of documents for quality control evaluations.
- Managing sub-contractors by locating, evaluating, and selecting sub-contractors; monitoring and controlling performance;
- Coordination and maintenance of project schedule.
- Meeting with clients and coordinating with consultants.
- Meeting with suppliers and vendors.
- Ensuring that quality requirements are met using QA/QC tools and forms.
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems.
- Overseeing construction phases of projects.
- Actively seeking new design and construction methods.
- Ensuring close-out documentation and project archives are complete
- Meeting with clients to discuss project objectives, needs, and budget
- Preparing and presenting design proposals, including detailed drawings of finished buildings, renovations, or restorations.
- Meeting construction budget by monitoring project expenditures, identifying variances, implementing corrective actions as approved by the Project director.
- Accomplishing construction project results by defining project purpose and scope, calculating resources required, establishing standards and protocols, allocating resources, scheduling and coordinating staff and sub-contractors, evaluating milestone assumptions and conclusions, resolving design problems, evaluating and implementing change orders
- Meeting with construction professionals and clients to discuss feasibility of designs
- Prepare BEME, BOQ, MTO, WBS, work program schedule, Budget and all other necessary project documents
- Prepare and submit progress reports to the project director
- Thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems;
- Meeting with construction professionals and clients to discuss feasibility of designs;
- Working with computer-aided design software to create blueprints and images and carrying out technical and feasibility studies and draw up blueprints that satisfy technical specifications
- Conduct on site investigations and analyse data (maps, reports, tests, drawings and other).
- Identify project risk and implement risk response plans.
Job Education / Experience
- Civil / Structural Engineering Degree is required.
- Minimum of 8 years working experience.
- Licensed by recognised Engineering Regulatory bodies in Nigeria such as:
- Council for The Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) and
- The Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE).
- Proficient in standard industry software.
Application Closing Date
30th August, 2022.