Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 26 million people in more than 40 countries and have sold over 10.5 million products worldwide.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Finance Manager
Job Type: Full-time
What you would be expected to do:
Financial Reporting, Audit, and Cash flow management:
- Maintain, reconcile and analyze financial and accounting transactions/statements and ensure that they are accurate and in compliance with the company's rules and accounting regulations in accordance with local ICPAU
- Lead the team in the generation of all periodic financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and yearly basis and ensure these are completed in time as per schedule.
- Supervise the finance team in closing all periodic accounting activities and processes, research and review submissions to ensure accurate reporting.
- Lead closure of all statutory and tax audits, external and internal audits, discuss and close all audit queries and gaps raised whilst ensuring process improvement.
- Accounts receivables & reconciliation: Monitor partners' accounts and follow up with the Key Account Managers to ensure effective collection
- Accounts payable and expense reimbursements. Implement operational procedures to ensure that payments are made and received in a timely manner as per agreed TAT
- Funds Management. Ensure availability of sufficient funds in all bank accounts to meet all payments for the next 2 months period.
- MIS Analytics: Analyse monthly postings against MIS report and close observable gaps
Compliance Matters and Processes/ Controls:
- Manage all direct and indirect tax filings, reporting, analysis and all its underlying processes, ensuring timely remission with adherence to statutory timelines and accurate account reconciliation.
- Building processes and controls: Develop, implement and establish procedures to improve financial business planning by ensuring proper business accounting, review of existing processes employed for critical activities, identifying gaps and build improvements
- Be the lead for all Transfer pricing assessments, filings, reporting and processes
- Responsible for maintenance of the monthly Compliance Dashboard and to ensure that all statutory payments are made on time
- Ensure all local secretarial compliances including returns are accurate and filed on time, preparation of various contracts and proposals in the same regard.
Business Partnering and Relationships:
- Cultivate and maintain a productive relationship with Auditors, Banking, Secretarial Services, Vendors, Customers and other Business stakeholders.
- Continuously build, develop and lead the team whilst ensuring a harmonious and exciting work culture.
You might be a strong candidate if you have:
- Degree or Post Graduate qualification in Accounting or Finance / ACCA / CPA qualification from a recognized institution with 5-6 years of relevant work experience in Controllership, accounting or taxation practices preferably with an audit firm or Multinational corporation
- An eye for detail, excellent analytical skills, able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives, maintain and generate different accounting and financial records
- Excellent leadership skills to lead a team of professionals, planning and organization skills, ability to multitask & drive team collaboration.
- Clear thinking/problem-solving ability- can lead projects/process improvement within operations/finance function and drive positive change
- The ability to break down complex issues into simpler steps and resolve them
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written: Fluency in both written and spoken English language
- Excellent proficiency in the use of computer applications such as MS office packages and related accounting systems.
What We Offer (In addition to compensation and statutory benefits)
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast-growing, high-impact industry.
- The chance to work in an open-minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with a profound impact on the world.
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
- We place great importance on sustaining a diverse, inclusive work environment.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
What to Expect from us, after you submit your application:
- You can expect an email response within three weeks regarding the status of your application.
- If you are shortlisted for consideration, we’ll set up a conversion with you to learn more about your interests and background, share more about the job requirements and Greenlight Planet, and to answer any initial questions you may have.