Tastee Fried Chicken is a fast food fried chicken restaurant based in Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. It has eight locations. Tastee Fried Chicken was founded by Olayinka Pamela Adedayo. It began as an extension of Tastee Pot, an outdoor catering company serving Nigerian and continental food at special events.
Reporting Line: Group Accounts Manager
General Objective / Purpose of Job
- To ensure accurate maintenance of the Company’s Books of Accounts and the timely rendition of financial information and reports to Management
- To prepare the Departmental / Divisional Budget and ensure appropriate budgetary discipline is maintained
- To ensure compliance to financial systems, policies and procedures within which the company operates or as established and prompt / adequate steps taken to attend to known deviations or weaknesses
Principal Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Prepare Outlets Divisional books of accounts, including General ledger, Trial Balance and Balance Sheet
- Prepare Outlet Budget
- Constantly review the Divisional Budget to ensure budgetary discipline is maintained
- Monitors stock in the Outlet and ensures all stock items in the monthly inventory are properly valued
- Keep accounts for individual warehouse Trade and Sundry Creditors and Debtors and ensures that balances agree with general ledger
- Reconciliation of accounting statements and proper documentation
- Monitor Cashiers to ensure proper accountability
- Prepare monthly details of lodgments and send to the Group Finance Manager
- Monitor Petty Cash and ensure all payments are properly coded and correctly posted and that monthly balances are in agreement with general ledger
- Attend to the company’s payment procedure to ensure that payment documents are properly scrutinized and that valid payments are timely made and recorded in the company Books of Accounts.
- Ensure that procedures for all Financial Data capture and entry into the computerized accounting system including authorization are followed as laid down to ensure authenticity and completeness of accounting information.
- Attend to internal control issues to ensure that activities within the department comply with laid down systems and procedures and deviations promptly noted and attended to
- Carry out Ad – hoc review of these systems and procedures and brings areas of improvement to Management attention
- Ensure proper control on Capital and Revenue Expenditure
- Ensures accurate timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and Annual Balance Sheets, Profit and Loss Accounts and various other periodical reports needed to enhance effectiveness and efficient Management decision making
- B.Sc / HND in Accountancy, Finance, Economics.
- Zero- two years work experience
- High attention to detail, excellent analytical skill and problem-solving skill.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent documentation, communication and IT skills (Preference for knowledge and use of Sage).
- Ability to work on large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- Conversant with the preparation of accounting books in line with IFRS standard
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and CV to: [email protected] Using the “Job Title” as the subject of the mail.
To apply for this job email your details to [email protected]